• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crashes exporting to pdf

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm updating my CS5 files to CC (Windows 10).

I open a lot of ID files and in succession I save them and export them to pdf. From today, after some operation ended regularly, the program crashes (Windows stops working).

I've found in temporary files folder some files and opening them there are messages like "2017-06-05 14:24:58:634 : ERROR Error calling Heartbeat".

I've read about similar issues related to illustrator for example, but not egual.

I've deleted more and more times the temp files, I've restarted Indesign and PC, but without success.

I'hope in your help.

Thank you very much.

Paolo Belloli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Hi,

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Regards,

Himanshu Kapoor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export them in CS5 to IDML and open the IDML in CC and work with them. Take care, due ot your problems you might detect unwanted changes when you open the files in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

want to sent me the file so i can take a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that the problem is not related to one file or another, or to indesign file version. It occurs after reapeted "save" or "export".

What do you think about reinsalling Indesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly couldn't hurt to try uninstalling and the reinstalling. Another possibility may be a corrupt font (if that's used across the files you're PDFing).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a good thread on what do to with problematic files that crash InDesign. File Crashing on Output - printing/PDF/other

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most of the time making a legacy file cleans all of the bad voodoo a file gains over time of repeated "command saves". Have you made a legacy file.

You will notice a different between the the two formats by the file size. A legacy file is stripped to the barebones indesign needs to open it and it a good way to clean up the file.

Have you tried to make a legacy file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. However, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Regards,

Himanshu Kapoor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I had a similar problem just now.  I solved it by exporting the file to an idml format file.  Then opened that file and looked through the whole thing to make sure it was right.  There were two oddities I found:

• table headings were missing, but reappeared after I added a row.  I then deleted the added row and the headings remained.  This keeps occurring if I export to idml again. (looks like a bug actually)
  • A specific paragraph was merging itself into the next heading, I separated it and applied the correct paragraph style.  This does not happen again if i export to idml again.

After that I re-saved as indd and it is working fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines