• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 160 while installing Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been searching for a solution for days now and haven't had any luck. My issue is when I start downloading Photoshop CC, it get to about 89% and then fails. I get an error message that says this:

Exit Code: 160

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 160) executing in command 'SetRegistryValueCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop18-Core_x64', version:18.1.1.252

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop18-Core_x64 Version: 18.1.1.252). Error code: '160'

WARN: Error Setting Registry - Start 64-bit:1 root:2 key:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe name:Default type:REG_SZ data:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe. Check for Registry permissions. (Error: Error 5 Access is denied.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read a few other forum post about this but haven't got anything to fix it. I have checked the registry and couldn't find anything to delete or modify under SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe. I also uninstalled creative cloud, ran the creative cloud cleaner tool and reinstalled creative cloud. All other apps install and run perfectly, but not Photoshop CC. I also tried the support page, in hopes of getting in contact with Adobe, but it only refers back to the forums, which aren't helping. If anyone can help me it would be a life saver.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Alright, I finally fixed the issue, as before I was unable to finally the registry value to delete as I was looking under the wrong HKEY_... folder in regedit. I also ran into the issue of not being able to delete the registry as access was denied.

The solution for we was the delete the registy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe and if unable to delete registry due to "access is denied", then you have to change the owner of the registry by right-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi daltonh,

Please refer the below discussion related to the same issue.

error code 160 'CreateRegistryKeyCommand'

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I finally fixed the issue, as before I was unable to finally the registry value to delete as I was looking under the wrong HKEY_... folder in regedit. I also ran into the issue of not being able to delete the registry as access was denied.

The solution for we was the delete the registy HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Photoshop.exe and if unable to delete registry due to "access is denied", then you have to change the owner of the registry by right-click on registry-->Permissions-->Advanced-->Owner (Change), Advanced, Find Now, Select Name: Users (at bottom of list), OK, OK, OK, then check the "Full Control" box to give you access to delete the registry. Apply. Then right click on the registry and click delete. Then install the program and all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, we really appreciate your efforts.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a solution has since been posted in the Adobe Help pages:

Troubleshoot error code 160 while installing Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to "dalton" for posting the registry edit to resolve the Adobe CC installation problem. As it turns out, the same issue happened while attempting to install Photoshop Premier Elements 2020. The installation log error code 160 pointed to:

Error Setting Registry - Start 64-bit:1 root:2 key:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\CancelAutoplay\CLSID name:Default type:REG_SZ data:. Check for Registry permissions. (Error: Error 5 Access is denied.)

Once I changed from the owner designation of "Trusted Installer" to my local user name and added full access in the CLSID registry item, I was able to install the Photoshop Premiere Elements 2020 package. Prior to the owner change to my user, I was blocked from changing the CLSID values.

I only wish I had not spent 3 hours on a chat and PC control with Adobe before discovering your solution!

Thanks to the entire user community for such help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Man Thanks a lot You Saved Me in My Job.Thanks Again 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the solution that worked for me. Nothing else I found online worked, couldn;t even reinstall, as that also failed.

Open elevated command prompt (run as administrator)

Type the below command and hit enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

Sign into windows with the administrator account that has just been activated

open creative cloud desktop app.
Signin with your credentials and update or install your problematic app

once you are done, log out, and login aaginas your regular user.

open elevated commpand prompt again and type
net user administrator /active:no

to deactivate the admin user again.
DO NOT LEAVE THE ADMINISTRATOR USER ACTIVE WITH NO PASSWORD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to do this in Command Prompt my access is denied!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you need to run as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines