• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTL+I starts OneDrive. Help me stop this.

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is really weird.

Heres whats happening:

In after effects, I press CTL+I and in my system tray I can see OneDrive start running with the promt to set up. It does it every time.

1. It still allows me to import normally.

2. I don't use Microsoft OneDrive, in fact I've even gone as far as making sure that none of its processes are running on my computer

3. This only happens when I'm in After Effects. CTL+I is a shortcut I use A LOT. I've tested it in other programmes, on the desktop and CTL+I does nothing (other than what its supposed to do)

How can I stop this! !

CTL+I_AFX.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

I actually unistalled onedrive, which "fixed" it. If I had to use onedrive for client work tho, it would probably cause me some issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just UNINSTALLED OneDrive, which has stopped it (obviously). But its still weird. Any ideas why it was happening After Effects team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Office installs some global system shortcuts in rexcent versions. You can turn this off in the respective system panels and the Office prefs. In your case this may be a specific version issue.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have office installed either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Just seemed so obvious since current versions have those "Send to OneDrive" features everywhere. Then perhaps you might need to dig into the monitoring and notification options of the OneDrive client. might be that it has its claws on your folders and wants to prevent you from making unsynced changes. It might help a lot to simply exclude the default My Files/ My Documents folders, since that is typically where AE will start looking for files if no previous import has set another recent location.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually unistalled onedrive, which "fixed" it. If I had to use onedrive for client work tho, it would probably cause me some issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines