Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbering issue

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Im encountering persistent issues with the automated numbering of my newly created indesign (CC'17) document.

The numberings of the third leve. (eg. 2.2.1) are inconsistent with those of second Level (2.4). Therefore indesign places number 2.2.1 just after 2.4 as  in the Image.

Im sure my text box-Connections are in the correct order and I've checked the settings. Still this occurs throughout the document. What can be the cause of this issue? I'm quite frustrated

Cordially

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Without screenshots of the settings of your paragraph styles (Bullets and numbering section), it's hard to tell.

Now, it looks like your level 3 might not be be properly set.

It should be ^1.^2.^#^t and seems to be calling level 1 twice: ^1.^1.^#^t

Start by checking this at first, and if it's not the problem, please provide screenshots of you para styles (Bullets and numbering section)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without screenshots of the settings of your paragraph styles (Bullets and numbering section), it's hard to tell.

Now, it looks like your level 3 might not be be properly set.

It should be ^1.^2.^#^t and seems to be calling level 1 twice: ^1.^1.^#^t

Start by checking this at first, and if it's not the problem, please provide screenshots of you para styles (Bullets and numbering section)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks a bunch man, this was the problem exactly!!!

my bad for copying the settings, instead of reasearching the settings thoroughly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines