Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[JS] "Image Color Settings ..." of specific images

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Scripting Community,

I need to clean up InDesign documents via Script to make sure all ICC profiles of all images linked in the document are correct. The general color management settings are not enough here, because if anyone changes the specific ICC profile of any image we might get different results when the document is printed.

Right now I assume that there is now API point to change the "image color setting" of an image or frame. Or did I just overlook the function?

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this "missing API"?

Another approach was GUI scripting: I actually tried to script it via AppleScript including System Events and GUI scripting... with 99% success. The thing is that Indesign does all the GUI events I tell it to do, but in the end, wenn the script clicks OK to change the color profile in the "image color settings ..." dialog, the profile is not actually changed but stays on the last named value.

Greetings

Daniel

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daniel,

see into colorScript.jsx by Roland Dreger:

"Color management in Adobe InDesign"

Farbmanagement in Adobe InDesign — Roland Dreger, Grafikdesign

The description is in German, but the script's dialogs should be in English when run with a non-German version of InDesign.

You may find valuable hints in the code.
Or even a full solution to your problems.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines