• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom treating TIF as JPG; limited number of lens profiles . . .

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only lens profiles Lightroom shows are those that are JPG compatible, even though all my photos are TIF. My very first import had JPG files... perhaps this is why it cannot find my specific lens?

The metadata in my Library shows all the correct information – Nikon D750, 24-120mm f/4.0

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Adobe/LR supplies lens profiles for RAW files mostly. It's not that LR is treating TIFF's like JPG's it is because Adobe doesn't supply lens profiles for any other image files other than RAW.

You should do all the lens corrections, if needed and not Built In, on the RAW file before it gets converted/saved as a TIFF.

To my knowledge no camera uses the TIFF format for saving image files to the memory card. Even if there are those camera more than likely also record RAW data.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe/LR supplies lens profiles for RAW files mostly. It's not that LR is treating TIFF's like JPG's it is because Adobe doesn't supply lens profiles for any other image files other than RAW.

You should do all the lens corrections, if needed and not Built In, on the RAW file before it gets converted/saved as a TIFF.

To my knowledge no camera uses the TIFF format for saving image files to the memory card. Even if there are those camera more than likely also record RAW data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh wow!... this whole time I thought I had to convert the NEF files to TIFF, but I could just take them straight into Lightroom. I feel so silly. All the lens profiles show up now, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines