• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture motion while keeping layer visible

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a pretty simple thing I want to do that I can't seem to find a way.

I have a DUIK puppet and I want to be able to hit 'start capture', move around teh controllers of the puppet (make it move its arms and legs) and then hit stop the capture, and have it autogenerate keyframes for position, rotation, etc of each layer on the puppet. How can I do this?

The closest thing I could find is Motion Sketch but that doesn't help me.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simply not possible. These are inherent limitations in how AE works in general and using computationally intense effects like Puppet and throwing expressions on top of it with DUIK clearly doesn't make things easier. You are simply expectinng something that cannot work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So youre telling me theres no way to just do a motion sketch for one object whie keeping that onject visible? Because with DUIK youre just moving one null object controller and the IK script is moving the other layers. I just cant imagine that this functionality doesnt exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't exist, believe it or not. It's inherent in how AE evaluates layer properties and how the preview works. In the end that's what Character Animator is/ will be/ should be for, it's just stuck in perpetual pre-Alpha or whatever they choose to call it (I certainly wouldn't call it Beta even) and the various import and export functions are either non-existant, broken or defunct to begin with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium's gray clouds aside, Character Animator is something you should check out.
He's right though, this functionality doesn't exist in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines