• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free transform glitch

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop CC (2017.1.1) on Windows 10, 64 bit.

After updating Photoshop from an earlier version recently, a strange glitch (?) is making my work rather difficult.

Whenever I transform a layer (scale, distort, you name it), the preview of said transform jumps back and forth between the original size and the previewed size.

In example; if I wish to downscale a layer by pulling the handles during free transform, usually you'll see a live preview of how big or small the layer gets while scaling.

But now, while scaling, this live preview constantly 'jumps' between the original size and the one I'm scaling down to, making it almost impossible to see what I'm doing.

This is especially difficult when finetuning little details.

I have made several changes to settings in Photoshop, thinking this might be a memory issue or something of the sort. I have tried restarting Photoshop after, working with both small and large files, one and many layers. I feel I have tried most everything, and nothing helps.

The problem is there from when I first run Photoshop at the start of the day, right after starting my PC. So restarting will not affect it either.

Have anyone else experienced this, and do you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to help a little, but it does not remove the issue entirely.

I also require "Use Graphics Processor" to be checked, as I use the rotate view very often while I work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

This is likely to be a GPU issue.  Is your graphics card driver up to date? Check with the manufacturers website, don't rely on Windows update.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out their website, and there actually was a newer driver than what Windows found, so I updated it. Restarted PC, but unfortunately it did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing the GPU »Advanced Settings« (restarting Photoshop each time to make the settings take effect)?

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I now ran a thorough, step by step run through the advanced settings, checking and unchecking things one at a time, and together. Restarting Photoshop after every change. The problem persists.

One thing I noticed following your link, was that my graphics card was on the list of unsupported cards. So maybe that's the cause, hard to say.

I might just go back to my previous version of Photoshop for now, as it seemed to work fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might just go back to my previous version of Photoshop for now, as it seemed to work fine there.

Unfortunately that may be the best course of action as long as you do not critically need some CC 2017 feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway, guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

You can install older versions alongside the latest. That way if you do get a resolution (or need a specific feature whilst you are waiting) you will be able to use it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is definitely handy. For the moment I don't really need any of CC 2017's functions, but if I do, it is good to know I can keep both versions at the same time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines