• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to reconfigure an 'alt' key not be a shortcut for colour picker

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use wacom with photoshop, and I can't change the brush size, becasue anytime I press alt to use the shortcut for a brush size it ends up being a colour picker. Doesn't matter if I ctrl + alt + click and drag / ctrl + alt + right click and drag / ctrl + alt + press pen hard etc....

Then I don't want alt to be a shortcut for my colour picker as I have personalised keybord shortcuts anyway.

Where do I change this set?

Thanks,

C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can change the Alt key.

However I also use a Wacom (on Windows 10 so Mac may be different)

If I press the Alt key (or the Alt button on the Wacom) the color picker appears but if I hold Alt and press the button on the pen which I assigned to right click, I can adjust the brush size as normal. Are you saying that does not work for you?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 13.38.07.png

Unfortunately, it comes up with a deafult window for a brush size sets, what's already appeard if not the colour picker.

Is there any other combination you can come up with? I feel I tried all combinations for buttons and shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac.

That menu you showed is what appears if I just Right Click . Alt-Right Click brings up the display I showed in my previous post.

What happens when you try and do this with a mouse (leaving the Wacom out of the process)?

Note - "On-canvas brush resizing" does use the graphics processor. Can you show a snapshot of your Preferences - performance tab (including the Advanced settings)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a Mac here - but I believe the combination is Option + Ctrl + Drag

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for brush size it's ctrl + alt + drag.  I'm not sure which is called option so it might be the same as davecm told.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesnt't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when using a mouse it works just fine, seemlessly letting me control the size of the brush.

as soon as I switch to tablet it stops working and also - what makes it annoying is if I try to change the size, then it pick the colour and I cant continue on drawing... Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 14.14.50.png@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I can't see anything wring with your Preferences, which is confirmed as the mouse is working OK.

If your Wacom settings are similar to mine, but not working, I am going to have to step back and hopefully a user of a Mac with a Wacom can help you take this forward.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you anyways for a fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also there must be a way to get rid off 'alt'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you are using is the correct shortcut for the HUD or "Heads Up Display Color picker.

Control Option(Alt) Command Click

For Brush Size and Hardness:

With a painting tool selected, Control + Option (Mac) – drag left/right in order to decrease/ increase brush size. Control + Option (Mac) – drag up/down to decrease/ increase brush hardness. That's for a mouse.

Ctrl and Command are two different keys on the Mac. Check your tablet setup to see which button or tap it is assigned to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines