• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Align to stage after changing canvas size

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've made my work in a 336x380 canvas. When I use align to stage it works perfectly. But if I change the canvas to, for example, 728x90 it won't work properly. If I use align to stage it doesn't center with the canvas. Is there a way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

No, that's your issue.  If you try to align within a symbol, it will be aligning based on the size of the symbol, not the size of the main stage.

If you need to align things to the main stage from inside a symbol, a trick would be to create a rectangle the size of your stage, make it a guide layer inside your symbol, and align your objects to that.

Otherwise, you could just keep always the items in your symbol at the 0 x  and y positions, and align to the stage via the main timeline instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this and it worked fine.

How, EXACTLY, are you changing the canvas size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thanks for your reply.

I work in a HTML5 canvas. Under properties there is size: W: 336 H: 280. When I change the numbers to say: W: 728 H: 90 and align to the middle of the canvas, it doesn't go to the middle. Maybe I have a setting wrong or something, because I can't find the problem online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How, EXACTLY, are you attempting to align something to the middle of the canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I select the object I want to align to the middle of the canvas

2. I make sure I've 'Align to stage' checked

3. Under 'align' menu I click align vertical center or align horizontal centre

4. Object centres as if the canvas has the old size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, that works fine for me. What version of Animate are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to align things inside a symbol, or on the main timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to align in a symbol, this should work the same right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's your issue.  If you try to align within a symbol, it will be aligning based on the size of the symbol, not the size of the main stage.

If you need to align things to the main stage from inside a symbol, a trick would be to create a rectangle the size of your stage, make it a guide layer inside your symbol, and align your objects to that.

Otherwise, you could just keep always the items in your symbol at the 0 x  and y positions, and align to the stage via the main timeline instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, that is where i was wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines