• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC ARC won't update

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable to get LR CC 2015 to read files from our Canon 1DX Mark II.  All updates have been installed but About says that Camera Raw is 9.0.  I have downloaded and manually installed more current versions, including 9.10.1 but LR still says 9.0 and I am unable to get it to work.  We have two computers in here that are having the same issue and we can't figure out what is going on.  Not having actual support for a product that we spend a lot of money on isn't helpful!  It's baloney that there isn't someone you can call to get actual help!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

This is exactly what I told you would happen. The fact that the version you are running indicates ACR 9.0 tells us that you are still running the initial installation of Lightroom cc 2015. This combination of failure to update and this error has happened to a number of people, and I don't know how to tell you fix it. I will pass it along and see if I can find someone who can help you. In the meantime, you can try to do a live chat to see if someone from Adobe can help you through the update proc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I am unable to get it to work

Why not? What happens? Explain in great detail. Please quote any error message word-for-word, verbatim, unedited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.23.19 AM.pngPreview unavailable.

I have updated everything but it seems not to take-

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.23.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.23.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated everything but it seems not to take-

This is the part I want more details on. You have to tell us what happens at this step. Lots and lots of details. Quote the exact word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happened....  I plug in the card from the camera and it shows the screen that "preview unavailable for this file".  I have CC and it says everything is up to date, but when I go to Lightroom it is clearly not up to date.  It is showing CC 2015 with ARC 9.0 when it should be 2015.10 and ARC 9.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamief84243602  wrote

This is what happened....  I plug in the card from the camera and it shows the screen that "preview unavailable for this file".  I have CC and it says everything is up to date, but when I go to Lightroom it is clearly not up to date.  It is showing CC 2015 with ARC 9.0 when it should be 2015.10 and ARC 9.10.1

You have totally missed the point.

I want to know what happens when you try to apply the update to your Lightroom. What happens? What is the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my Creative Cloud in the toolbar of my computer says it's up to date so I tried to download the patch Lightroom 6.10.1, CC 2015.10.1 and Mobile Updates Are Available | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Training, T...

This errors out with this-Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 12.09.42 PM.png

When I go to the error log I get this message-

Lightroom CC (2015.10.1) / 6.10.1

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your operating system EXACT VERSION NUMBER.

Also please read: Re: Error code U44M2P28 when updating from LR 6.5 to 6.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I told you would happen. The fact that the version you are running indicates ACR 9.0 tells us that you are still running the initial installation of Lightroom cc 2015. This combination of failure to update and this error has happened to a number of people, and I don't know how to tell you fix it. I will pass it along and see if I can find someone who can help you. In the meantime, you can try to do a live chat to see if someone from Adobe can help you through the update process. I can tell you that the version of Lightroom installed on your computer is NOT up to date.

contact-bumper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps sending me to the self help section, I can's seem to get to a live chat :-?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you can't anymore.  If you can hold on for a bit, I have put out a couple of feelers on other forums and will report back as soon as I hear from them. I know this is frustrating. In the meantime, you might consider completely uninstalling Lightroom and installing again. This will have no effect on any work you have done. You would have to install the full version first and then try to install the 10.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the uninstall and reinstall AGAIN... this time it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I'm glad you're able to sort things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only worked on the one computer.  The other computer isn't cooperating.  The OS on that computer is Sierra 10.12.5

The info log in lightroom reads this-Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 4.55.12 PM.png

This is really frustrating, so thanks for the help everyone!!!

Cheers,

jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still have the original installation of Lightroom CC 2015 on that computer. It hasn't been updated yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC manager says everything is up to date.  When we try to update outside of this, it errors out with no error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have also tried to uninstall and reinstall this as well with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suggest that you try another uninstall/reinstall. But this time after you uninstall run the ccleaner utility. Here is the link:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Then do the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamief84243602  wrote

It's going to continue to show that you are using Lightroom CC 2015 until you get the update installed. You might have installed Camera Raw 9.10.1, but Lightroom isn't going to show that. Lightroom reports the version that it is compatible with. And it will show that it is compatible with Camera Raw 9.10.1 when you get the update installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you cannot update Lightroom with the camera raw plug-in. It won't work because the plug-in has no effect on Lightroom. You still are running the initial install of Lightroom CC. The current release is Lightroom CC 2015.10.1. Apparently there is something not right with your Creative Cloud application manager. I can give you the link where you can download the update installer. The only problem is that when you try to run it you're probably going to get a message that the update failed, and I don't know how to tell you to fix it. Hopefully someone else will have the answer to that one.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

The update is under "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6", the update is for both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC, and you only need the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's asking for a serial number, but I am CC, so I don't have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, I have never had Lightroom 6. Are you signed in with your Adobe ID and password? Are there any other options available to you where it is asking for the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all signed in.  According to Adobe there is no serial number for CC since it is subscription only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is right. You should just be able to go ahead and install then, and ignore any reference to a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines