• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicates in LR6

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have somehow or other imported the same photos into LR therefore now have duplicates, if I delete one of these both get deleted,

Is there any way I can delete 1 of each of the duplicates but leave one in the catalogue

Any help would be appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mick+Medley  wrote

I have somehow or other imported the same photos into LR therefore now have duplicates, if I delete one of these both get deleted,

Is there any way I can delete 1 of each of the duplicates but leave one in the catalogue

Any help would be appreciated

Are the duplicates "virtual copies"? That's one way I can think of where deleting one deletes both.

Are the duplicates in a collection and in "All Photographs"? This is not a duplicate in the usual sense of the word, this is the same photo being shown in multiple views, and if you delete the photo in one view, it will be deleted in all views.

Can you show us a screen capture of an example of one pair of "duplicates" as you view them in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not virtual copies, not in a collection but in a folder inside my original folder and there is only one copy in "All Photographs"

I cannot do a screen capture, I think what happened was that I imported from a CF card and the import stopped part way through, when I tried to import again it imported the same photos again as well as those that had not been imported before, hence the file inside my main folder which I have named duplicates

Hopefully I have explained this in a way you can understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a folder inside my original folder

Can you check if you have the option checked on to- "Show Photos in sub-folders"  under the 'Library' menu.

This option results in two different views in the folder panel- This has caused some beginners to believe the photos exist twice.

ScreenShot330.jpg  ScreenShot329.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes I did have Show photos in sub folders checked but if I uncheck this it makes no difference, it looks like i may just have to live with  folder entitled duplicates within my main folder, I named it duplicates to identify them,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take two images alleged to be duplicates of one another. For each, right click, then "Show in Explorer" - are the both the exact same file in the exact same folder?  That might help get to an understanding of what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take two images alleged to be duplicates of one another. For each, right click, then "Show in Explorer" - are the both the exact same file in the exact same folder?  That might help get to an understanding of what's going on.

but in a folder inside my original folder and there is only one copy in "All Photographs"

Can you be much more specific about where in Lightroom are these two identical photos? Is one in a folder and one in "All Photographs"? Or are they in two folders? Describe so we can understand what you are seeing, or show us screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I show both in Finder they are the same file, I have tried to move and LR tells me a file with that name already exists, I have tried saving as a different name but still they will not move

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines