• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract percentage scale of placed image, open in photoshop, rescale and replace image in indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admittedly this is a bit of a long shot, but I figure it's worth asking for my own sanity.

I have the laborious task of manually resizing about 1000 images in a brochure so they appear at 100% scale in the artwork. Every image has been scaled independently and I have to copy the percentage scale, open the image in photoshop, rescale to the percentage with image size dialogue box, save the image, then relink it in indesign.

If anyone knows of a way to script this (I'm a pure designer and can't code for shiz BTW) or a purchasable plug-in for indesign I'd be most grateful for the help/guidance. I know certain software like pitstop pro will do this, but was looking for something I could run from inside indesign.

Thank you all in advance

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Sounds like it might be a job for Optimize Adobe InDesign link size, resolution, color and format | LinkOptimizer

However, I have no first-hand experience of that product.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it might be a job for Optimize Adobe InDesign link size, resolution, color and format | LinkOptimizer

However, I have no first-hand experience of that product.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded a free trial - it was slow but it processed over 460 images that I didn't have to. Seriously considering buying it. Adobe should include this sort of thing, as it worked very much like the export panel in lightroom. Just select what you want it to do - resize, add profiles etc. Could even combine with PSD actions. Very impressive. Thanks for recommend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this script Resize images - new version

I use it in cs3. Someone told me that he tested it in cs6 and it worked. Make sure to backup your images: the script resizes originals.

-- Kas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers,

I ended up using link optimiser. I'm on CC and generally nothing older than CC works on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines