• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing default settings when converting image down from 32bit

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change how the program converts down to 16 or 8 bit from 32 while not merging layers. It seems to want to use the "local adaptation" selection when you tell it not to merge layers. My images only look good when using the exposure and gamma default settings. Is there a way to force Photoshop to use exposure and gamma while maintain the layer information?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I don’t quite follow, what exactly do you want to achieve?

Could you post screenshots including the pertinent Panels and dialogs to illustrate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

Under Mode when changing from 32bit/channel to 16bit:

Untitled-1.jpg

It will ask if you want to merge the layers:

Untitled-2.jpg

When you tell it to merge it gives you four options and for my images the exposure and gamma setting works perfect:

Untitled-3.jpg

When you tell it not to merge the layers it doesn't give you any option and seems to automatically use the Local Adaptation setting. How can I tell Photoshop to use the exposure and gamma settings while maintaining my layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my tests with CC17, selecting the “Don’t Merge” option appears to apply the “Exposure & Gamma” method with a value of 0.0 Exposure and 1.0 gamma. This makes sense, as this creates the same visual result in lower bit per channel modes as the layered 32bpc preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason, it completely alters the colors and overexposes the bright parts of the images for me. Maybe my default setting is somehow switched to the default local adaptation settings because it comes out the same as that, or has something to do with my layers. Is there a way to see what the default HDR toning options are when not merging layers or is this just not possible to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines