• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i restore a backedup Catalog?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must not be constructing my search querries properly because after an hour of searching FAQs and the Forum I still don't have answers to a couple of simple questions:

1. Where are the Catalog backups?
  2. How do I install the backup Catallog ?

I'm running Win 10 and LIghtroom CC -

But now that I am posting a question there are a few other questions that would make my life easier:

What happened

I moved my image files off my HD to my NAS for the usual reasons:

• how do I move files and keep the link to their library in the future?

I deleted the libraries of the files I moved thinking that it would be easy to recreate but if anyone has a good idea for creating a new library without reimporting the images - I'm all ears.

Unless there is a better way, I'm planning on restoring the Catalog and then "locate missing folders" - which is a royal pain since there are A LOT of image folders that need linking.

• what is the "best practice" for re-associating these image folders with their proper library?

Summary of Qs:

1. Where are the Catalog backups?
  2. How do I reinstall the backups ?
  3. how do I move files and keep the link to their library in the future?
  4. best practice for recreating a library without reimporting the images
  5. what is the "best practice" for re-associating these image folders with their proper library?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

First suggestion- Download the e-Book "Quick Start Guide" from the Lightroom Queen and read front to back.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/qs201508wlskdj.php?utm_source=The+Lightroom+Queen&utm_campaign=5a920d5ddf-Mailchimp_2017_…

Then answering your question is easier to refer you to expert article links-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First suggestion- Download the e-Book "Quick Start Guide" from the Lightroom Queen and read front to back.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/qs201508wlskdj.php?utm_source=The+Lightroom+Queen&utm_campaign=5a920d...

Then answering your question is easier to refer you to expert article links-

• what is the "best practice" for re-associating these image folders with their proper library?
    https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/
    There is no "proper library". One photo (the original image file) can be referenced in ANY ONE or SEVERAL catalogs.  Just like you can write someone's phone number in any number of address note-books.
    Lightroom does not contain the photos. The catalog file is a database file that contains the information and photo references that YOU put into it.
    Catalogs cannot share information therefore the recommendation you only ever have ONE Catalog. (With some exceptions)
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines