• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom and Photoshop together, over time Photoshop freezes up

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorta new to using Photoshop.  For 3 years, I have been using solely Lightoom for all my editing with a very occasion Photoshop edit. 6 months ago, I decided to buy some Actions online.  I found some I love and want to use photoshop all the time for every image.  For 3 months, I make all tweeks and crops in Lightoom, then right click on the image (in Lightroom) and open in Photoshop.  I then run the action on each image.

Here is where the problem starts...after 5 minutes or more in photoshop, it starts to slow to an almost stop.  However, I have to chug on to finish the edits so I can close all and save them back into lightroom.  Sometimes edits of one session can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

A second problem (or maybe still part of the first).  Even if Photoshop didn't freeze up, Lightroom will.  This happens after I have "closed all" in photoshop and start to work in lightroom again.  My whole computer then starts freezing.

I feel like the last 3 months I have been waiting for photoshop to churn through actions, then churn through saving images, the make lightroom churn through the final export.  I am so behind.  I am used to only Lightroom and being able to edit a session in 15 to 25 minutes...tops.

I have contacted Adobe support 3 times, each time spending hours on the phone.  They have me perform updates, close and open programs, check settings that I have already researched and set.

I have bought a new computer thinking it was my old laptop.  I have called Dell thinking it was faulty video card driver.

I have a Dell Computer, Windows 10 Home, 16 GB of RAM, 64 bit operating system,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.  I have done many of the tips to set preferences listed.  I even went installed Photoshop 2015 reading that the 2017 version had this problem.  I am now running slower than before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you successful in resetting your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you delete the prefs.psp file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines