• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2017 "Cannot save the document"... file in use

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other adobe application is running nor any other applications, backup, anti virus just my chrome browser.  Why???  Is it auto-save or background save enabled? if so where is it in the preferences? one document open no other InDesign task running in background.

Capture.JPG

And is there a way to filter the adobe application version to only CC 2017 application post

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to indesign forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue: I cant save images, opened from InDesign, with Photoshop CC17, but with Photoshop CS5.1. Since we switched from CS6 to CC.
Im curious if this gets resolved.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-07 um 12.21.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked my IT Department if there's an auto-backup or indexing and he said it only runs in the evening. I noticed you have Photoshop. I know that Photoshop has a "Save in Background" try turning that off. I just can't find it in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm. Its turned off. But I found another interesting fact: If I move the file to another location (within our server), i can save it with PS CC. Thats odd and points in direction "file permissions", but then I wonder why PS CS(5.1) can still save (at the "old" filepath) but CC not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines