• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For Mac OS 10.12.3, which Adobe product can support ActionScript 2.0?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As one of our product is developed by Flash and ActionScript2.0, I need to have a tool to maintain and develop it.

I tried to download the trial version of CS6 and installed on my Mac OS 10.12.3 but it failed.

I checked some forums and many people said that Adobe CCT or Animate CC doesn't support ActionScript 2.0.

My question is that I need tool/software to maintain and develop legacy product which is developed by Adobe Flash Professional CS6 and it's ActionScript 2.0 but I can't purchase it or use Animate CC to maintain/develop it, how do solve my problem?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Flash Pro CS6 needs the older version of Java, which you can get here:

Download Java for OS X 2015-001

Once that's installed it works ok in either 10.12.x, or even 10.13.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Pro CS6 needs the older version of Java, which you can get here:

Download Java for OS X 2015-001

Once that's installed it works ok in either 10.12.x, or even 10.13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to your answer.

I installed the legacy Java and it still disallowed to install the CS6 and the error message is similar like that the Install script can't initialize and it said that maybe some files lost.

I still can't install the CS6 on my Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you did the install from the link I gave. The More Info you're shown takes you to the wrong version of Java.

Do you have a CC subscription? If you do you can install a fresh CS6 from the Previous Versions list, the the CC menu Apps tab.

If you don't have a subscription, but you do have a serial number, you can get the installer from here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Could be worth doing an uninstall before trying a fresh install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I don't have cc subscription.

I tried to download the adobe flash pro cs6 and click the install.app but it displays a error window and I can't install the cs6.

The error is attached below and I am sorry as my system is chinese and it displays chinese message.

The error message is describing that the install process can't be initialized and the reason could be caused by file lost or something. it advies to download the adobe support advisor to check the problem.

I clicked the it provided but can't get the adobe support advisor.

So, I still can't install cs6 on my MacOS.

Does anyone has the same issue?

Thank you.

螢幕快照 2017-06-09 下午12.48.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this article and use the cleaner tool to remove everything from the previous Flash Pro CS6 installation, then try installing again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use Animate CC to support ActionsScript2.0?

If there any workaround solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Animate doesn't support AS2. Nor does Flash Pro CC or later, you have to go back to Flash Pro CS6.

You wouldn't have to use CS6, if you have the serial number for an older version, that would probably do ok for maintaining AS2 files. I don't know if CS4 or CS5 will work on a current Mac. You could use Parallels or something like that to run the Windows version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines