• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste layout

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete newbie so please forgive... I have created a document with several pages (I'm creating a simple product list) and have already distributed images on all of them. I have then proceeded to aligning/ re-positioning the images on page one. I also added a text box to the top and next to each image. I have done it thinking that there is an option of copying the layout of that specific page and applying it to other, already populated pages. In my mind it would apply the layout to the other images. However the more I looked online it seems like a wishful thinking...

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

What you actually needed to do is to create what is called a Master Page that can then be applied to as many document pages as will have the same basic layout. Depending on your layout it can be set up to either provide a page to page framework for which text can be flowed throughout a document or as a starting point for each individual page that can then be altered to fit then needs of that page. If you're asking if it will align all of the graphics in an existing document then unfortunately th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted in the forum Lounge. It's not specific to any software and it's not for support. Let us know what software you're using and a moderator can move this thread to the appropriate, product-specific, support forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes it is InDesign question, and Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an InDesign question. Can you confirm this Monika, so that we can move your question to the the correct forum and get you an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

monikao4589621  wrote

...thinking that there is an option of copying the layout of that specific page and applying it to other, already populated pages. In my mind it would apply the layout to the other images. However the more I looked online it seems like a wishful thinking...

Right. There is no feature that does exactly what you describe, the way you describe it.

To get a "master" layout propagated to other pages, you'd have to set it up on a Master Page, then apply that Master to other pages before you populate them.

Learn how to use master pages in InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you actually needed to do is to create what is called a Master Page that can then be applied to as many document pages as will have the same basic layout. Depending on your layout it can be set up to either provide a page to page framework for which text can be flowed throughout a document or as a starting point for each individual page that can then be altered to fit then needs of that page. If you're asking if it will align all of the graphics in an existing document then unfortunately that is not the case. However, if the graphic elements are static on the page and it is just a matter of flowing in text around the graphics then that is possible with a Master Page. It is also possible to "anchor" graphics within the text and flow that in with the text. You can create a Master Page using an already layer-out Document Page.

1.png

03.png

Notice that the newly created Master Page (see above) resides in the area above the Document Pages. Dragging this icon on top of any pages in the Document applies this Master to that Page.

4.png

Masters can also be applied with the pull-down menu shown above.

This is the basic concept and application of a Master Page. Before actually working with them it would be a really good idea to seek out a more thorough tutorial about their use on Lynda.com or possibly You Tube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines