• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion could not delete the file for an unknown reason.

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ColdFusion could not delete the file C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\LAW\Briefs\A2878\pwd1.txt for an unknown reason.

I am unable to delete any .txt or .msg file immediately after upload from their physical path and as well as from server too and the Coldfusion doesn’t return any particular reason for failure.

It doesn't allow me to delete the file from the physical path i.e. from the brief folder, it will show an error pop-up with a message 'The action can't be completed because the file is open in coldfusion.exe'(see attached screenshot). It seems that Coldfusion locks the file in the background and after sometimes it allows me to delete the file successfully.

For another extension like .docx, .pdf, I am immediately able to delete the file after upload.

Apart from this, when I restart ColdFusion service it will allow me to delete the file again as if the file is getting locked by ColdFusion.

I am using ColdFusion version '11,0,03,292866'.

validationMsg.jpg

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue in the earlier version of CF 11. You will need to update your Coldfusion 11 to the latest hot fix. Which is currently ColdFusion 11 Update 12 .

When in doubt, always make sure its all up to date.

I think this exact / similar issue was fixed in hotfix 8 incase you have issues with patching further then this due to fixes, enhancement and compatibility in the newer hotfixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have updated my ColdFusion 11 to 'ColdFusion 11 Update 12'(see attached screenshot). However, this issue is still occurring. Please, let me know what else I need to do in order to fix this issue.coldfusionserver.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue using the exact same version of CF11.

Did you find an answer to this problem? Thanks.

I am tearing my hair out over this problem. It was working fine on Windows 7 but on Windows 10, it throws an error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue exists in CF2016, windows7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation