• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud crashes after start (no reinstallation possible)

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

Unfortunately I've got some problems with my InDesign. I tried to install the InDesign application. The installation failed, but the Creative Cloud seem to be installed, so it is listed in the program list. After every reboot of the computer Creative Cloud try to start automatically but crashes after few minutes, with the message "Creative Cloud has stopped working", a message appears which means "would you like to repair?", but also the repair doesn't work.

I tried the following things and I have no more possible solutions in my head right now, I also checked other threads about this problem, but with the solution of them I didn't reach anything.

- uninstall and reinstall Creative Cloud

- install without active Firewall

- install on a different machine (Windows 10 and Windows 7)

- Repair Creative Cloud

- install with admin rights

Thanks for your help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Have you also tried to uninstall everything and run this:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

And then reinstall Creative Cloud app, and reinstall the applications like InDesign?

Having said that, I once had things messed up much like you describe on my MacBook Pro. Nothing I did made any difference. I was forced to contact phone help. They bid me to download an app that let them take control of the mouse. I did so, and the Adobe tech went to many obscure folders del

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also tried to uninstall everything and run this:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

And then reinstall Creative Cloud app, and reinstall the applications like InDesign?

Having said that, I once had things messed up much like you describe on my MacBook Pro. Nothing I did made any difference. I was forced to contact phone help. They bid me to download an app that let them take control of the mouse. I did so, and the Adobe tech went to many obscure folders deleting obscure files. I WISH I HAD WRITTEN IT DOWN AS THEY DID SO. Once the technician was done deleting things, the reinstallation of CC app and the program applications worked fine.

I WISH ADOBE WOULD PUBLISH TO US THAT LIST OF OBSCURE FILES THEY HUNT DOWN AND DELETE. It could be a persistent topic here on this forum. That would save many of us a whole lot of troubleshooting time.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, thanks alot for your fast response!!

I forgot to mention that step, I also tried the Cleaner Tool, nothing happened. The Creative Cloud was not installed anymore and after a reboot, as they say, the installation has failed again.

Yeah, this list could save much work n' time!

Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like you are set to have a phone call with InDia.

It is worth saying again:

I WISH ADOBE WOULD PUBLISH TO US THAT LIST OF OBSCURE FILES THEY HUNT DOWN AND DELETE.

It could be a persistent topic here on this forum.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines