• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Manager

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning! I am interested in joining Adobe Acrobat DC and would like to previously take note on some resource possibilities as regards editing pdf documents, My question is:

I would like to know if Adobe Acrobat DC makes it possible to manage pdf edits so that I can hide and display edits made by various editors, and if possible restrict the options hide and display editions of a particular editor to specific people.

But I emphasize that my primary interest is in being able to hide and display edits made by various publishers.

Thank you for your attention.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

To be very clear, PDF is primarily a Final Form File Format. In the general case, a PDF file has no “context” in terms of words, sentences, paragraphs, articles, etc., just string of characters as well as as vector and raster images at particular locations on a page with certain specified graphic characteristics.

And Acrobat is neither a word processing or document layout program. The ability to either “edit” or “add” text is fairly limited and could be better characterized as text correction or

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be very clear, PDF is primarily a Final Form File Format. In the general case, a PDF file has no “context” in terms of words, sentences, paragraphs, articles, etc., just string of characters as well as as vector and raster images at particular locations on a page with certain specified graphic characteristics.

And Acrobat is neither a word processing or document layout program. The ability to either “edit” or “add” text is fairly limited and could be better characterized as text correction or “touch-up.” Although Acrobat / PDF's commenting capabilities do allow for collaboration, such capabilities to not extend to the pages' graphic objects themselves.

Acrobat is not a collaborative document creation / edit tool.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your editors are not actually editing the file (which they shouldn't do, see Dov's reply), but are adding comments that will later be implemented by others into the actual source file, then the answer is yes. You can filter the comments based on their author name.

Note that it's very easy to remove this type of filtering, so if you want other users not to be able to see them then you should consider deleting the hidden comments entirely, instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines