• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused by Lightroom Versions

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new computer.   On my OLD computer I was using lighroom version CC 2015.8 / Ver 6.1 according to system info.

When I downloaded lightroom to NEW computer, CC version 5.7.1  Ver 6.3 was installed.

Now when I go to open up the catalogs on new computer, from old computer it is saying "version is too new......."

Please advise the best way to go forward !!

Thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

You have Lightroom CC 2015.8 on the old computer. You have Lightroom 5.7.1 on the new computer.

Your operating system is Windows 7 (64 bit) on the old computer as denoted by the Application Architecture x64.

Your operating system is Windows 8.1 (32 bit) on the new computer, as denoted by Application Architecture x86

Because your new computer is 32bit, you cannot run any version of Lightroom CC 2015 on the new computer. The new computer cannot run any Lightroom version more recent than 5.7.1. And so

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new computer.   On my OLD computer I was using lighroom version CC 2015.8 / Ver 6.1 according to system info.

There is no such version of Lightroom. Please show us a screen capture of what you see with Help->System Info.

When I downloaded lightroom to NEW computer, CC version 5.7.1  Ver 6.3 was installed.

There is no such version of Lightroom. Please show us a screen capture of what you see with Help->System Info.

Also, please tell us the operating systems -- I WANT THE NUMBER not the name -- and whether or not the operating system is 32bits or 64bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OLD computer

IMG_5993.JPG

NEW computer

IMG_5994.JPG

How do I know if it is 32 or 64 ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Lightroom CC 2015.8 on the old computer. You have Lightroom 5.7.1 on the new computer.

Your operating system is Windows 7 (64 bit) on the old computer as denoted by the Application Architecture x64.

Your operating system is Windows 8.1 (32 bit) on the new computer, as denoted by Application Architecture x86

Because your new computer is 32bit, you cannot run any version of Lightroom CC 2015 on the new computer. The new computer cannot run any Lightroom version more recent than 5.7.1. And so, your catalog from Lightroom CC 2015.8 on the old computer is not backwards compatible, and cannot be used in Lightroom 5.7.1.

If I were you, I'd obtain a 64 bit version of Windows and install that on the new computer. That would be the easiest way to continue to use Lightroom CC 2015 and use your catalog from the old computer. If you just bought the new computer, the manufacturer might be willing to install the 64 bit version of the operating system for you at no charge. Or the manufacturer might not be willing to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows ???  10 ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need a 64bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines