Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR cannot see NIK collection plugin

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have tried at least five times to install NIK.  The computer tells me that it is installed.  I believe it.

But LR cannot see it.

Every time I try to 'Edit in...', the whole downloading process re-starts.

I have followed the advice under Plug-ins do not appear in Lightroom after installing.  No change.

I have deleted and re-downloaded NIK several times.  No change.

1.  If I choose a picture, click on 'picture', then 'edit in', it offers me 'NIK collection', not the list of NIK programs.  I choose 'NIK collection', ,and get the 'what to edit' menu.  I click on 'edit', and the whole NIK downloading process restarts.

2. If under Edit > Preferences > External editing > Additional external editor, I click on 'choose', then the list varies.  I have cut and pasted the full set of NIK items onto this list.

I can no longer find what code I discovered on some help forum, but I put it into 'search programs and files,' and it did give me the full list of NIK items - so they are indeed in the computer, though I do not know where. I copied and pasted them into the 'Additional external editor ' list, but all but one have since disappeared.  If I did click on one , or if I now click on the remaining one, then nothing happens.

3. A helpful person on a photography forum suggested I watch you tube tutorials on downloading NIK, and contact the presenters for advice. Firstly, no tutorial has given any indication that I have done anything wrong; and secondly, google will not let me in to the system to contact, comment, or ask a question.  So I am stuck - this has taken about two and a half days of my life so far...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

If this helps-

When you "Choose" the Nik program that you want to add to preferences in the list of Additional External Editors, you have to dive deeply into the program folders and 'choose' the  '.exe'  program specifically. (even to selecting the (64-bit) folder )

For example- Nik Silver Efex Pro in my Windows-10 system lives in this folder location-

C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection 2015\Nik Collection\Silver Efex Pro 2\Silver Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\Silver Efex Pro 2.exe

And Nik Viveza lives he

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Preferences and show the External Editor tab and screen capture it.

It sounds like the installer is being selected, not the plugins.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what version of Lightroom you are using, and I don't know what operating system you have. I am on Windows 10 and I have Lightroom CC 2015.10. I have the Nik collection installed, carried over from previous updates, and it works fine. You might find it necessary to reinstall the plug-ins even though every indication is that it is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds weird, but in the Preferences under the Presets tab, try unchecking "Store presets with this catalog". For me it results in seeing the NIK specific plugins.  The one caveat; you may not find some of your presets that you created when this item was checked.

Screenshot 2017-04-17 22.15.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this helps-

When you "Choose" the Nik program that you want to add to preferences in the list of Additional External Editors, you have to dive deeply into the program folders and 'choose' the  '.exe'  program specifically. (even to selecting the (64-bit) folder )

For example- Nik Silver Efex Pro in my Windows-10 system lives in this folder location-

C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection 2015\Nik Collection\Silver Efex Pro 2\Silver Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\Silver Efex Pro 2.exe

And Nik Viveza lives here-

C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection 2015\Nik Collection\Viveza 2\Viveza 2 (64-Bit)\Viveza 2.exe

Nik HDR Efex is the one exception, as it does install as a Plugin, and is not in the Additional External Editors list.

ScreenShot217.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoeKostoss has a good point-   "In Preferences...."

Presets (including the Plug-in templates) can be found in two places if you have ever used the option to "Store Presets with Catalog"

a) In a sub-folder of the Catalog location.

b) In a sub-folder of the system folders-  eg. C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

If you need to transfer presets from one location to another (a > b  or b > a)  simply Copy and paste the folder of Presets using the operating system.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU  to EVERYONE who has replied.  I will try out suggestions at the weekend, since I don't have time during the working week. May not be able to reply again and thank you properly because the system didn't like my passowrd, and will not accept my phone number as a password reset code recipient.  Technology hates me - though cameras usually do not.

To respond to Jim Hess: LR5; Windows 7.

Many thanks to you ALL for trying to help.  I'll know on Sunday whether you've succeedd,and will try to let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's anothr half day gone - no success.  Cuting and pasting did not work, nor did re-downloading - neithr into C:\Program files \ Google \ Nik collection, as suggested by the system, nor into LR.

Am in despair...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen-clip of the  { C:\Program files \ Google \ Nik collection } folders with sub-folders expanded and visible?

It should look something like this-

ScreenShot229.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, sorry to have kept you waiting - I do have to work in between bouts of frustration!

I cannot do what you ask me to - nothing to take a screenshot of. 

I have once again deleted, uninstalled, re-downloaded.

It read - 'Has been installed on your computer',  but there is no desktop icon.

1. Under 'Search programs and files', I put in 'NIK'.

It shows me 'Nik collection- full - 1.2.11.'

If I click on that, it offers me 'do you want to run this file?'  If I accept, it starts downloading - again. Going round in circles.

2. If I open 'downloads' (via 'search programs and files') , it offers me the following list:

Nik collection - full - 1.2.11

Silver Efex Pro 2 64 bit

Silver Efex Pro 2

Sharpenter 3 (64 bit)

Sharpener 3

HDR Efex Pro 2 (64 bit )

HDR Efex Pro 2

Dfine 2 (64 bit)

Dfine 2

So no Viveza, Analog, Color.

BUT - if I then click on Silver Efex Pro 2 (from above) it gives me a page with the list:

Silver Efex Pro 2 (64 bit)

Silver Efex Pro 2 2,8bf

Silver Efex Pro 2

The title bar of this page shows the following path: Downloads > Color Efex Pro 4 > Color Efex Pro 4 (64 bit) > Silver Efex Pro 2

So Silver Efex has been included under Color Efex, though Color Efex never appeared under 'downloads'.

I'm confused.

Very grateful for any help you can give.

If I try to access NIK via LR, I just (eventually) get back into re-downloading, and am never offered the above list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, lets see if we can work through this- (with screen clips)

{ Nik collection - full - 1.2.11.exe } is an installer program.  When you run it you are installing the Nik plugins to a folder YOU must nominate. It can be anywhere, but would best be in a "Programs" sub-folder.

ScreenShot239.jpgScreenShot240.jpg

The installer may suggest a location, but you can make a new folder and install there if wanted-

ScreenShot241.jpg ScreenShot242.jpg

I have made a new folder "NIK"  in my C: Drive.  (Do not let the installer place Nik in your 'Downloads' folder- not an appropriate place!)

ScreenShot243.jpg

Check the Plugin folder locations for each Adobe program-  Nik should default correctly.  Then [Install] continues the process-

ScreenShot244.jpgScreenShot245.jpg

Now you will see the NIK programs in the folder you nominated. (In my case that is c:\NIK )

ScreenShot246.jpg

They will NOT appear with a Desktop Icon, neither will they appear in the Start menus!

Photoshop will show the Plugins in the Filter Menu, and possible a floating window-

ScreenShot247.jpg ScreenShot248.jpg

Lightroom shows NOTHING, Lightroom does NOT "see" any Nik programs (except HDR) until you add them to the "External Editors" list. You must create Presets for all the Nik programs in the Preferences dialog / External Editing tab.

To INSTALL the Nik plugins in Lightroom, follow the directions at Google-

Plug-ins do not appear in Lightroom after installing - Nik Collection Help

Let us know if this has been helpful. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very, very grateful for your tenacity.  I won't have time to work through this for a few days yet but will report back when I do.  You really have been superb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, sorry to have kept you waiting.  I knew I would need several hours for this, and I did.

To be fair to myself, I don't see where I made any errors in my many previous attempts.  The screenshots and the actions are all too familiar!

Still no success.

May I prevail on you yet again to follow my attempt step-by-step to see what went wrong?   It has to be steps 6-7 below...?

Many thanks - again.

Ian

Plug-ins do not
appear in Lightroom after installing

My plug-ins do not appear in Lightroom after installing.
How do I fix this?

Occasionally,
after running a Nik Collection installer, the software may not be installed
correctly in Adobe Lightroom. This seems to occur because the “Store Presets
with Catalog” option in Lightroom's Preferences is checked. This option is in
Edit > Preferences > Presets OR Lightroom > Preferences > Presets.
Un-checking this box will make all of the plug-ins appear in the Photo >
Edit In menu.

If
the filters do not appear in Lightroom then a manual installation may be
necessary. To manually install one of the Nik Collection products after the
installer has been run, please do the following:

1. 1.
    Ensure all image editing applications such as Photoshop and Lightroom are
    closed.
    Yes

2. Re-run the Nik Collection product for Lightroom installer again, making sure
    that you've uninstalled all previous versions, and ensure the default install
    location is used (C:\Program
    Files\Google\Nik Collection

Yes  OR
    Macintosh HD | Applications | Nik Collection).

3. Open Lightroom again and look to see if the Nik Collection product is now
    installed under Photo > Edit In> [name of product]. If it does not appear
    to be installed, please continue to step 4.
    Yes, it’s
    there – ‘edit in NIK collection – full – 1.2.1.exe’ but not individual file names.

4. While Lightroom is still open, click Edit> Preferences OR Lightroom >
    Preferences.
    Done

5. Click on the "External Editing" tab at the top of preferences.
    Done.

6. Midway down on the right click on the "Choose" button and locate
    the Nik Collection application file for your product.
    Not sure
    what this means
    Clicking on ‘choose’ gives me a list of Dfine, HDR, Sharpener, Silver,
    Color.  (WHAT HAPPENED to Analog and
    viveza?),
    Typically it can be found at either,
    C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection\Viveza 2\Viveza 2.exe,  . [For other products, replace Viveza 2 with
    the appropriate product.
    Not sure what this means either]  The ‘external
    editor’ box then invites me to enter a File Name.  Why?
    What should I put in?  Putting
    nothing in seems to stall further progress. If I put in a NIK file name from
    the list, it replies ‘file not found’.
    7. Once located, ???? Once what is located? select the program or application file as
    indicated above and click "Choose
    ". It
    doesn’t give me a choose option.  Just ‘open’.

8. Set the file format to "TIFF",
    Color Space to sRGB (or the one of your choice), Bit Depth to 16-bit,
    Resolution to 240, and Compress to None
    .  It seems to be that by default

9. Under Preset click the drop down selector and choose, "Save Current
    Settings as New Preset" from the list.
    No current settings to save?  It gives me ‘New
    Preset > Preset name’ but entering the NIK components does not achieve
    anything.
    10. Type in the name of the plug-in such as"Viveza
    2" and click Create.

You
may add another plug-in by going back and following steps 6 - 10 again,
otherwise close preferences by clicking OK. The plug-in(s) you added should now
be accessible.

To test it, I go to ‘Photo’, ‘Edit in’, and Viveza is on the list. But when I click on
viveza, it goes straight back to setup, and the  whole process begins again – I think I have
now been there eight times at least.

Please
note, you do NOT want to do this with HDR Efex Pro 2. It is handled a different
way than the other plug-ins. HDR Efex Pro 2 is accessible in Lightroom under
File>Export with Preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's address some of your post-

Yes, it’s there – ‘edit in NIK collection – full – 1.2.1.exe’ but not individual file names.

This is wrong-  {... 1.2.1.exe } should NOT appear in the Additional External Editors presets. This is only the 'Installer" program and NOT a plug-in for Lightroom.

So if you are seeing something like this screen-clip you need to delete it from the Presets in Preferences.ScreenShot273.jpg

To Delete- click the drop-down menu at the far right end of this Preset: box- and click on "delete...."

ScreenShot274.jpg

Next item-

Clicking on ‘choose’ gives me a list of Dfine, HDR, Sharpener, Silver,
Color.

This does not sound correct!

ScreenShot275.jpg

Clicking on [Choose] in the Preferences dialog will open a File Explorer window where you must manually find the individual  xxxx.exe program to add to the Edit-In list.

The location for EACH of the Nik programs will be specific to your computer- only you know where they were installed.

My Silver Efex Pro  is at- C:\Program Files\Google\Nik Collection 2015\Nik Collection\Silver Efex Pro 2\Silver Efex Pro 2 (64-Bit)\Silver Efex Pro 2.exe

When you locate the .exe  program, highlight it then click [Choose] at the bottom of the Explorer window.

(Do NOT choose the installer again!)

ScreenShot276.jpg

Next Item-

In the Preferences for the Application you have just chosen,

Set the options for TIFF, Color Space, Bit Depth, etc.

Next Item- you must make this a permanent PRESET-

Click the Drop-down menu in the Preset box and select "Save Current Settings as New Preset":

ScreenShot277.jpg

The ‘external editor’ box then invites me to enter a File Name.  Why?

That is because you can NAME your PRESET exactly as you wish it to appear in the Lightroom 'Edit-In' list.  I prefer to see "SILVER EFEX"  as the preset name (not-Silver Efex Pro 2.exe) , so type here how you want to see the Nik program link, and click [Create]

ScreenShot278.jpg

Next Item-

You have now added ONE (and only one)  Nik program to the 'Edit-In' list.

Repeat everything above for EACH Nik program-, Color Efex, Define, Sharpener, etc. (except for HDR)

I could have found a web link for this info but have enjoyed describing  the process.

I hope you can now get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoyed doing this?  Gosh. So grateful that you do.   I just find it frustrating - I want to get the thing installed and use it after all these weeks!

So - I started again, again.

Uninstalled, reinstalled.

This time, I did as you said and made a special file: C:\NIK.  In it went.

Once again, Edit > Preferences > External editing > Choose gave me a partial list, not the full set.

So I entered C:\NIK into the bat at the top, and NIK Collection appeared.  Clicking on that gave me th full set.  Wonderful - one sep nearer.

But only one step. The External Editor dialog box in your reply has 'choose' at the bottom.  Mine does not - it just has 'open' and 'cancel'.  Clicking on 'open' has no effect, whether or not I have highlighted a NIK componen (or the full collection).

Now what? Needless to say, I cannot supply you with a screenshot. I have faithfully followed the screenshot instructions on You Tube, and nothing happens.

More thanks,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should of course read 'box' at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you do NOT have to keep re-installing the Nik programs, they must already be in your computer hard-drive, expanded in sub-folders.

Once again, Edit > Preferences > External editing > [Choose] gave me a partial list, not the full set.

There is no 'list' at this step!   I do not know what you are seeing here.

This [Choose] button opens a Windows File Explorer window where you have to click through all your computers folders to locate each single program executable Nik file. You have to search to the location where the installer program unzipped all the Nik programs.

So I entered C:\NIK into the box at the top

What box?

Are you referring to the 'Search' box?  (No- do not use 'Search')

It is preferable that you know the folders where the nik programs were installed, then you can click through the folders and sub-folders until you HIGHLIGHT one program (eg. Silver Efex Pro.exe) and THEN click on [Choose].

*Note it has to be the { xxx.exe } program file that you highlight (select), NOT a folder.

You do have File Explorer set to show the file-type suffix? Don't you?

Now when you are back in the "Preferences" dialog box, you set the options and click [OK] to save the preferences.

Here is a Dropbox link to a screen-video - as I install Silver Efex in Lightroom. Maybe this will help.

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/LIGHTROOM/NIK%20in%20LIGHTROOM.mp4?_subject_uid=88066551&w=AABGeaY9C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been unbelievably frustrating. It has taken me hours just to reply to you, because the system rejected first my password, (which is written down and has not changed) then rejected attempted new passwords on the grounds that I had used them before, then rejected my mobile number for receipt of a code to reset, because it's not an American number.  It needed a change of browser to access dropbox,  Dropbox has consistently refused to recognise or accept passwords - I have tried three times; so I have now given up.  I have used dropbox for years in the office, for work-related purposes, so I am at a loss to know why it now refuses me access at home.

Back to Nik.

I go into LR > Preferences > external editing. I click on 'choose'.  This opens a box entitled 'LR external editor'.  Immediately under that, a long box (title bar?) containing 'Color Efex Pro 4 > Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)>'

Below, in the white area,

dfine 2

HDR Efex Pro 2

Sharpener Pro 2

Silver Efex Pro 2

Color Efex Pro 4

...and nothing else.

Prompted by your last reply, I deleted 'Color Efex Pro 4 > Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)>' from the bar at the top, and managed to replace it with 'Computer > OS(C:) > NIK>'

The main white box below then filled with 'Nik Collection'

Clicking on this does, at last, give me the full list of Nik components (Analog - Viveza)

It is at this stage that things fall apart. 

Clicking on any of the seven components replaces the dialog box display with that component twice - once with a folder icon to the left, once with a coloured butterfly-shaped icon.

The bottom of the LR External editor' box continues to give me 'open' or 'cancel' as options, and no 'choose' option as in your reply of 18th May. Nor is the box split into two side-by-side areas, as in your screenshot.

If I manually enter (e.g. ) 'Color Efex Pro 4.exe' into the File Name box, and click on 'open' (my only option), then the  window closes. 

But when I then go into LR > Photo > Edit in > it still tries to DOWNLOAD Nik, rather than let me edit.

I will try to access dropbox in the office sometime during the week....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go into LR > Preferences > external editing. I click on 'choose'.  This opens a box entitled 'LR external editor'.  Immediately under that, a long box (title bar?) containing 'Color Efex Pro 4 > Color Efex Pro 4 (64-Bit)>'

Right from the start something is going wrong!  When you click [Choose]  there IS NO BOX..  It must open a File Explorer window that looks the same as any other WINDOWS operating system file explorer dialog.  (It is titled "External Editor" ). You are now using File Explorer to find the Nik  programs that have the file-type suffix of-  " .exe "

This file explorer box may default to a folder address you have tried before, so you may be partially on the way to finding the ".exe" program you want.

I have added another Dropbox link that you should be able to see the video without your Dropbox password-

Dropbox - NIK in LIGHTROOM.mp4

The main white box below then filled with 'Nik Collection'

You may have created Preset links that are not valid. These can be deleted  by-

1. Clicking on the Drop-Down menu arrow at the end of the "Preset" box.

2. Clicking a Preset from the list.

3. Click on the Drop-Down menu arrow at the end of the "Preset" box for the second time.

4. Click on [Delete Preset SELECTED NAME]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you that the first step seems to be the stumbling block. I never can get as far as the steps indicated in your excellent subsequent screen shots.

LR > Preferences > external editing.    So far, so good.

A third of the way down the 'external editing' page: 'additional external editor' bar with arrow at end.   Bar reads 'untitled preset'.

Clicking on 'choose' at this stage gives me LR External Editor with the curtailed list I mentioned above, i.e.:

OS(C:) > NIK >  Nik collection > viveza 2 in title bar.  No .exe.

In the file list below - just viveza (file icon) and viveza (butterfly icon).  No .exe

Nothing else.

If I click on .'Nik collection' in the bar, the file list becomes the full list of Nik components, but still without '.exe'.

Clicking on 'open' at the bottom achieves nothing. Writing (it will not copy and paste) e.g.  Analog Efex Pro 2 (with or without .exe) gets the response 'file not found'.

If I click on the arrow at the end of  the bar in the 'External Editing' window, it gives me a menu as follows:

Untitled preset (ticked)

Save current settings

Restore Defaults

Delete Preset

Rename Preset

So I do not see that there is anything I can delete... no invalid preset links.

Clicking twice on the arow at the end of the preset box does not get me anywhere new.

I think I have tried all the permutations and then some.

I just want to get onto the first rung of your ladder somehow, and find the file list with the .exe suffixes, so I can (I hope) follow your screenshot prompts.  The LR external Editor page never splits into two (left / right) the way it is pictured on your screenshots 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's go one step at a time-

Click on [Choose]

ScreenShot322.jpg

Now post a screen-clip of what you see please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See above.  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great- thanks.

In your screen-clip, What you see is a folder  {Viveza 2 (64-bit) }  and an Application {Viveza 2} that was only for 'old' 32bit computer systems.

So now-

1. Double click on this FOLDER {Viveza 2 (64-bit) } to show its contents, because this folder contains the Viveza 64-bit APPLICATION you are trying to install.

2. Highlight the Application {Viveza 2}

ScreenShot006.jpg

3. Click on the button [Choose].  This will close the window and put you back to the Preferences window.

(Note: If you are seeing the [Open] button then it is because you do not have an Application selected!)

4. Now I would like to see a screen-clip of the Additional External Editors panel before we do the next step.

*One other thing you must do is to open Windows File Explorer and change the option to show FILE NAME EXTENSIONS. This is pretty-much essential to be able to identify the type of file you are looking at in Windows. So instead of seeing {Viveza 2}, you will see-  {Viveza 2.exe}

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/865219/how-to-show-or-hide-file-name-extensions-in-windows-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss2.png

I have followed instructions and the missing .exe has appeared! One little victory.

This apart:

It's no good - it just goes round in circles. 

I double click on Viveza 2 (64 bit) as you said.

This gives me Viveza 2.exe ... Application.   (But not 2.8bf )

Highlighting the 'Viveza 2.exe' does not change anything, except that 'Viveza 2.exe' now appears also in the 'File name' bar at the bottom.

To the right of this, there is a grey (not white) bar with 'exe (*.exe)'.  Clicking on this gives me a menu with 'exe (*.exe)' or 'All files (*.*) I left it on *.exe.

'Open' at the bottom does not change to 'choose', whatever I click or highlight.

If I click on 'Open', or if I right click on Viveza 2.exe and select 'select' from the menu, I am returned to the 'External editing' page, where nothing has changed, save that 'untitled preset' has become 'custom'.  .  'Choose' leads back to 'Viveza 2 (64-bit)  ...File folder and Viveza 2.exe ...Application.  As above.

I doubt the screenshot has anything instructive, but it's all I have to show you.

Thanks as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines