• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i use the brush tool on a animated picture?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so im animating a still picture and am trying to make the hair look like it flows with the wind, and i need to get rid of the bangs to do that.

so i try to just draw on top of the bangs on the main body layer, while leaving the layer with the masked out hair for itself, but the parts i painted just stays the same place as it was drawn while the head moves and makes it look weird.

is there a way to make the paint follow the head movements (moved with puppet tool) without having to go into every individual stroke and change the position of the stroke?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the brush tool, for starters!  That'll drive you nuts!

Instead, animate mask paths on a solid, then apply the Stroke effect to the paths.  You can use AE's motion tracker to follow the head movements (put the body in a precomp first), apply the track to a null, and parent the solid to the null.

It should work pretty well for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you i will try it out and see how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did Dave's suggestion help you? If so, mark his post as right with the green star button under his post on the forums. If not, please post more info so we can try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines