• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste from Premiere to After Effects

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been able copy a clip from Premiere and paste into a comp in After Effects. Recently though I've lost this ability.

I've also just tried replacing the clip with an After Effects Comp. It makes the comp in AE but fails to place the video clip into the comp.

Not sure if this is an issue with the latest version of CC or just my computer.

Also tried to clear the preferences by holding down CTRL, ALT and SHIFT but without success.

Any ideas folk? All help much appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Hi JamieWonnacott,

I am sorry, I did not share the latest version numbers in my previous post.

The latest version number of Premiere Pro is 11.1.1 & AfterEffects is 14.2.0.198.

I have recreated the issue by trying to copy and paste from different versions of Premiere Pro & AfterEffects with fail.

Please update both applications to the above-mentioned updates & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without any actual system info and exact version info as well as details about your clips. This DynamicLink stuff is tricky as is anything releated to hardware accelerated CoDecs and all that stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System spec is below as requested.

File types could be anything really but include .mp4 files, .wav, .jpg etc

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro
Version10.0.14393 Build 14393
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)32.0 GB
GraphicsNvidia GeForce GTX 570, NVIDIA compatible
Premiere11.1.0 (222) Build
After Effects 14.0.1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JamieWonnacott,

Thanks for sharing the system information. Dynamic Link works only when both Premiere Pro & AfterEffects are updated to the same version. Please check the compatible version numbers Using Dynamic Link between various versions of Premiere Pro and After Effects

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above I am running the latest versions which are compatible:

Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.0) After Effects CC 2017 (14.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse me if I'm wrong but is this really a dynamic link issue?

I'm not looking to 'link' assets between projects but simply transfer them using copy and paste.

As stated I've been able to do this for years so not sure what the issue is now. I've also been able to do this on a colleagues machine without problem.

As I stated in my original post, I have tried to clear the preferences to see if resetting things will help, but I've been unable to do this also.

Any thoughts?

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JamieWonnacott,

I am sorry, I did not share the latest version numbers in my previous post.

The latest version number of Premiere Pro is 11.1.1 & AfterEffects is 14.2.0.198.

I have recreated the issue by trying to copy and paste from different versions of Premiere Pro & AfterEffects with fail.

Please update both applications to the above-mentioned updates & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Vidya,

I thought I had updated CC but it seems it failed part way through. I have now updated all software and the cut&paste facility has returned.

Thank you for your help... very grateful! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines