• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is still not possible attach an anchor to an accordion tab from outside the widget?

Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2017 released and I wonder is still not possible attach an anchor to an accordion tab from outside the widget?

I want to add few articles previews on my home page and link to them accordion tab in articles page? is that possible with muse or without muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Why don’t you simply try it?

Normally anchors on web pages lead to a certain vertical position of you page, not into widgets.

But in this case (anchors within accordions) it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you simply try it?

Normally anchors on web pages lead to a certain vertical position of you page, not into widgets.

But in this case (anchors within accordions) it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but it doesn't work.

Here is what I do; I create a anchor inside of the accordion panel and call it 'article_1'. (is dash might be a problem when given a name?)

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 01.36.38.png

Then go to my home page add a rectangle and select it and go to hyperlink panel and choose "article_1 anchor"

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 01.39.12.png

In "Preview in Browser" when I click to rectangle its go to article page but does not open the accordion panel.

I also tried with "State Button Widget" nothing change still same does not open accordion!

Which part I am making wrong?

I follow this article;

Working with Tabbed and Accordion Panel widgets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us a .muse file containing the "setup" you discribed via Dropbox or s similar file sharing service. This should definitely work – and it works fine here.

Please be aware, that this only works, if the linking element and the accordion are placed on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible definitely as I tried it for another thread as well:

Anchor Link in a accordion - link from another site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably right but I can't make it. I moved my anchor every area (Active, Content Area and Text Area) and go to home page choose the rectangle and from hyperlinks panel pick the article anchors then preview in browser it go to the article page doesn't open accordion. Anyway here is my file; Please look at these and tell me where am I doing wrong? Thank you.

I want to add anchors these three button inside of the home page.

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 17.10.09.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyq4jq0qpcrkex0/OzelCocuk.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Lets play a "Lost and Found" game!

From where do you link into which accordion? I found the accordion, but I am look ing now for half an hour to find the linking elements and don’t find them. Now I give up!

Really hope, that you read the sentence I wrote above: "Please be aware, that this only works, if the linking element and the accordion are placed on the same page."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My anchors are inside of the accordion in the "makaleler page" I want to connect them from the home page? 

Anchors are in the "Makaleler Page" in the accordion under the this headline "Uyari Sinyalleri",Gelisim Basamaklari", Otizm ve Otesi"

Buttons are in the "Home Page" I already add the picture previews post.

Sorry I missed that "Please be aware, that this only works, if the linking element and the accordion are placed on the same page."

is that mean this will not work for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, this does it mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last question Can I do this from within the HTML code? is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think no. As I said: Anchors are defined as a vertical position in in relation to the top of the browser window. Anchors in HTML are not used to jump into certain page objects like accordions or slide shows.

In my opinion this has to be done by a skilled java script coder,

Just keep in mind:

80 % of a designer’s job is finding viable workarounds and alternatives to circumvent restrictions of the software, the output media or one’s one’s one personal capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gunter is right, it can't be done 'as-is' because the anchors only allow references to links on the same page.

I did figure out a (convoluted) work around.

Because the tabs default to the last saved, you will have to select/save each tab as a new page.  I did this by create 'x' duplicate (sibling) pages each representing 1 of x # tabs on the tabbed panel. I named the duplicates '[Original Tab Name]-tab, but pick whatever works for you.

I first thought you could delete mutually-exclusive information off of the other tab-pages, but that won't work because - you actually have to keep all of them in sync for the tab-pages to work seamlessly with one another. That said, It may be worth it to make all changes to the original used in the menus bar (as the absolute version) and delete and re-copy duplicate pages when you've made changes.  Trying to do them individually is prone to mistakes.

For all but the first page (depending on what you did in previous paragraph) select 'Menu Options->Exclude Page from Menus'.  In the plan view open each of your new 'tab' pages and select the tab you want for that page and then save it.

Now link whatever you wanted to the new tab pages.  It's a bear and not easy to maintain, but it works.  Seems to defeat the purpose of something simple like adding an anchor and actually being able to use it from another page (opening up the correct tab on the tabbed panel).

(spent from 10pm to 8am trying to solve that one). PITA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines