• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

+ Computer heating up in Develop Mode since update +

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a laptop and use LR daily. In the past couple of weeks, I updated both software and Sierra. Whenever I'm on develop mode, it heats up and the fans come on.

I haven't made any other changes. I can't remember when it started - with the os update or the LR one?

I keep half of disk space free, keep photos on external disk, and like I said, didn't have this problem until the updates.

Anyone else experiencing this?

How to fix?

Thank you -

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people report Mac heats up and fans come on when using Lightroom. I believe this is a normal situation, and you should search the forum for other similar reports.

You haven't told us what version of Lightroom you were using, and what version you have updated to. I WANT THE VERSION NUMBERS and not words like "most recent".

Same question for the operating system.

Have you changed the type or amount of editing you are doing? Are you doing lots of brushing and/or spot healing? Have the photos you are editing changed (new camera, or different quality setting, or switched from JPG to RAW)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 - updated on June 1st

MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 -  updated on May 20th

I noticed it started heating up in the last days, so my inclination is to say it was the update to LightRoom that did it.

I've been working on this project daily for the past year.

I haven't changed anything in the way I work, the images, etc.

The editing I am doing in Develop mode is not heavy - mostly exposure and temperature. Sometimes lens correction. Even less brushing. No spot healing.

It used to overheat when I first installed LightRoom.

I can't quite remember what I did then... it might have been an update.

And optimizing performance - maybe with the previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way, it only happens when I'm in develop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your computer isn't "overheating", it is behaving normally. The number one complaint about LR has long been that it is too slow, and Adobe has worked hard to make sure it uses as much of your CPU and GPU as possible.  Most applications use only a fraction of the CPU and GPU, but when an application heavily utilizes them, the Macbook will run hot and turn on the fans, which is by design: About fans and fan noise in your Mac - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines