• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Project Name change

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using RH7, my project is under version control. I need to rename a project, however the documentation states that "You cannot rename projects under version control." Does anyone know of a workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This statement may apply only to RoboSource Control. I use Subversion, and if I were to rename a project, Subversion just sees all the renamed files as new files that are not under version control.

At that point, I just have to pull the old files back down from the repository (because they're not there in Windows Explorer anymore) and set them to be deleted. Then I add all the renamed files. When I commit the whole bunch, the old ones are deleted from the repository and the renamed ones are committed.

I can't give any assurances for other version control software.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note--this applies also if I change the file name for any topics (which I do in RH rather than Windows Explorer of course). I avoid changing file names but have still had to do it from time to time. Subversion handles it fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've done is remove the project from source control, rename it, and then add it to a new database. That's not elegant, but it worked.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had considered this approach. I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When you remove a project from RoboSource Control, doesn't that erase the history?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp