• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change duration of still images

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get still images I import into AE to be longer than 5 frames. This is the first time I have encountered this problem and have made about 10 videos using this same method.

My composition duration is 1:45 minutes:

comp-settings.jpeg

My import settings say import still images to a specific length. (I have also tried importing to composition length and still get the problem.)

import settings.jpeg

I want to import an illustrator file as a composition so that I can animate the layers separately. (I have also tried importing as footage and still get the problem.)

import-comp.jpeg

The composition and composition layers are all 5 frames long. I cannot edit the duration:

layer-duration.jpeg

I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling AE. I am using MacOS Sierra 10.12.5. Is there a compatibility issue?

I tried right clicking the layer in the timeline and selecting time > new duration, but it gives me color bars instead of the image. (I even tried render and exporting.)

I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling AE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Is it possible that you are accidentally importing a 5 frame long image sequence instead of a single frame? Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 10.54.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you are accidentally importing a 5 frame long image sequence instead of a single frame? Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 10.54.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes! That was the problem. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines