Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF causes Acrobat 10 Pro to not respond when launched a second time

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an interesting situation that only seems to happen in Acrobat Pro 10 on Windows 7. I have replicated the issue in multiple users on the same machine and cannot explain the behavior besides to say that it's related to the "\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\UserCache.bin" file. When the "UserCache.bin" file is deleted and the PDF is double clicked in Windows Explorer it launches in Acrobat Pro X without issue. To close Acrobat Pro and double click the same PDF again Acrobat Pro launches but hangs immediately and does not respond. These PDFs that are exhibiting this problem are coming from an Ad agency's accounting software. I am able to launch the PDFs in Acrobat Reader on the same workstation without issue. I am not having any issues with these files in Acrobat 9 Pro on another computer. All other PDFs launch in Acrobat Pro 10 without issue.

Adobe Acrobat Pro X is up to date and has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The Windows User Profile has been recreated as it was thought that it was User specific.

I am at a loss as to how to continue troubleshooting.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen in currently supported versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this issue is not present with current versions from what I can tell. I installed a trial of Acrobat 11 Pro on my spare workstation and could not reproduce the issue with any of the files. On another note, I installed Acrobat 10 Pro on the same workstation (Win7) and replicated the hang / not responding issue with the files from the Ad agency.

According to the Ad agency, there are no non-standard fonts and the files should be compatible with Acrobat 9 and higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a bug. You say X is "up to date" but what specific version do you run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Pro X Version: 10.1.16.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines