Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2017 Image Sequence Preview Problem

Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing Jpeg Sequence in After Effects CC 2017, by default the resolution is 5472 * 3078 but AE CC 2017 not previewing it properly unless i manually assign the resolution to 1920 * 1080.It's something like this, photos are over one another. I want to render all my timelapses & hyperlapses in 4K, but this problem is with every footage. Unless i assign Comp setting to 1920 * 1080, then the preview is fine. Rendering out this sequence to any given resolution is PERFECT, the problem is with the Preview only. HELP

AE.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to create proxy files for these sequences. 5.5K files demand very high bandwidth for preview. Select the footage in the Project Window and go to File > Create Proxy > Movie. You can preview the proxies in realtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is as old as the hills.  'Twas ever thus for AE.  Read up on viewing and previewing.

And keep those fingers off the space bar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, I'm not allowed to edit my post.

There are many strategies AE practitioners must use to get a real time preview -- reduce comp window size, reduce comp resolution, preview every other frame, use the region of interest... and perhaps a combination of them, depending on the circumstances.

For the past twenty-plus years, people have been using them.  They have to.  This ain't a perfect world, and for After Effects, that goes in spades.  Learn previewing previewing strategies and know that no amount of ranting or pouting will change how the application works.  People get used to it.  You will too.  Or you'll find another application to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would recommend you set faster cache disk to preview it. SSD or Raid is preferable. Please check your cache disk setting.

Preferences > Media & Disk cache > Disk Cache and Conformed Media Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guys for sharing your solutions, But neither of the above mentioned solutions have worked & i still can't have the Full Resolution Preview available. The reason that i want this, I want to render out my Timelapses as a 4k file & create some movement in AE. In order to do that i need to have a clear preview @ 4k & since my sequence is about 5.5K resolution I can create some camera movement with the resolution left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi WaqasKhan,

i still can't have the Full Resolution Preview available. The reason that i want this, I want to render out my Timelapses as a 4k file & create some movement in AE.

You may need better and faster hardware to preview such files. Sorry. Using lower resolutions in part of using After Effects. You can always render out the higher resolutions. Let us know if you need assistance with that.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines