• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to remove CC libraries

Enthusiast ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Indesign CC2015 with Windows 10. Each time it starts there is a CC libraries panel visible . I have tried everything to get rid of it. Set up workspce without it, deleted it with no files open. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

desk.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

You are using a modified version of the Essentials workspace right now.

Try this:

Close the library one more time, and then go to Window > Workspace > New Workspace. Give it a name you like—your name for example. Then exit and reopen InDesign and let's see if the CC Library panel will stay closed. If it's still an issue, try docking it at the bottom of the panel group on the right. Save the workspace again. (Same name is fine.) And try exiting/reopening again. Come back and let us know if neither

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a modified version of the Essentials workspace right now.

Try this:

Close the library one more time, and then go to Window > Workspace > New Workspace. Give it a name you like—your name for example. Then exit and reopen InDesign and let's see if the CC Library panel will stay closed. If it's still an issue, try docking it at the bottom of the panel group on the right. Save the workspace again. (Same name is fine.) And try exiting/reopening again. Come back and let us know if neither approach works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BarbBinder. I have already tried your first method. Your second worked except I can't delete the thing from my panel group on the right. I deleted it and set up up a workspace without it, however, it comes back at the bottom of the panels on restart. I am beginning to think Indesign is set up to always show it!

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have workspaces where it is hidden, so I know it can be done. But right now, it's tucked out of the way, so that's a step in the right direction.

Just to clarify, it's not popping up automatically when you add a new Paragraph or Character style, right? It's doing it whenever you open InDesign? Have you tried trashing preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not tried trashing preferences. As you say it is out of the way so I will leave it at that. Thank you for your help

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm always happy to help, Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines