Exit

Presenter Crashing PowerPoint

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this:

I'm using PPT 07 with Presenter 7 and every time I ask Presenter to capture video
via the webcam, it crashes PPT 07. I can't even get it to open to the point of changing
the sound card / video capture settings (if that were the problem)...It simply crashes as soon
as I select capture video.

I'm running a Quad Core machine with a 9800GT vid card and a Dell SP2208WFP built in webcam.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with any other webcam to check if this not the problem with your build-in webcam.
I use an USB webcam and it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2008 Oct 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GHick

That's not even an option as it crashes before I can change the camera. It literally crashes as soon as I click the
capture button.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2008 Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an option in control panel to disable the build in webcam. You can try capturing video by disabling the build in webcam. As i do not use the same machine i won't be able to tell exact steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GHick,

Thanks for that thought. The issue wasn't the webcam but the Live! Cam virtual avatar software that came with the Dell monitor. I uninstalled that, rebooted and voila! all is good.

Thanks for the thought!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We were having this same issues I also uninstall the virtual avator and it worked like WOW

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources