Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp Tool Duplicates Image

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title is pretty much it.

I've looked up this problem online to see if it were just a small inconvenience. I came across the same issue that others have had and for them it was a simple "check clipped" or "reset the tool." For me, neither resetting the clone stamp tool nor checking/unchecking of clipped helped.

Knowing me, it's probably something simple. Still, any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (4).png

I took a sample of the stem and tried to cover the right side of the canvas with the stem itself, but instead I got this weird after image look alike.

Aligned on the Options Bar is checked. All Layers is selected, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That looks like the clone stamp too working as it should.

When you Alt click you set the sample position.

Then when you click in the new position it will paint with the offset from the sample to the paint position. So the "from" position moves as well as the "to" position as you paint. So if you keep painting you can reproduce the whole image.

To just have the stem on the right (enlarged to cover the right hand side):

Draw a marquee round the stem

Ctrl+C to copy

Add a new empty layer

Ctrl+V to paste (this will paste the stem onto a new layer in the same position as the old)

Now you can use the Move tool to move and scale the image of the stem and position it where you want it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see. Yes, I tried playing with it some more while waiting for replies and I have to say that it's making a lot more sense. See, I was thinking the tool was more like a cookie cutter where one could just plop (or paint) one small, specific thing all over the canvas without anything else getting in the way.

I have absolutely no experience with the tool (I'm someone who uses Photoshop to draw so I haven't had a use for it, until now), so I'm sorry if I caused any kind of confusion.

Thank you so much for clarifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem at all - that is what the forum is for. If you get stuck just ask

Note : If you want to repeat the same area multiple times, you can uncheck "Aligned". Then Alt click to set the "from" point and move to the new area and paint by holding down the mouse button.

Now, lift the mouse button and move to a new area. Paint again and you will see the "from" has been reset to where you originally clicked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just plop (or paint) one small, specific thing all over the canvas

I wonder if you wanted what you would get when you uncheck »Aligned« – in that case each time one clicks the same spot serves as the starting point of the new stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell what you actually did – where you picked the source, where you dabbed/stroked, ….

What are the Clone Source and Brush settings?

Did you want to apply the stem multiple times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this just happend to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines