Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4D render help

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am relatively new to Cinema 4D (I am Maya trained so I tend to use that and export rendered files from there) But I am now finally getting around to learning cinema 4D.

I saw this tutorial on the twitter so I have followed that but now I have taken it back into after effect and one of the objects/extruded objects is not appearing.

(AE is green background and C4D is black background)

ae wipWIP.pngcinme 4d WIP.png

As you can see the cross is not appearing in Ae. Anyone know what the error could be?

Running on Windows 10 PC with the latest versions of CC and C4D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Why do you have the green "traffic lights" turned on for the Spline Mask null?

Also, generally speaking, all that you should have under the Spline Mask object is splines. You have extrusion objects under there for some reason - I wonder if that's the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the cross being created?

Are you using C4D Lite that comes with AE or are you using a full version of C4D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C4D Lite that comes with Ae (same as the tutorial)

The cross is 2 rectangle shapes that have been merged using Spline Mask and then extruded as suggested in the tutorial

hierarchy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you have the green "traffic lights" turned on for the Spline Mask null?

Also, generally speaking, all that you should have under the Spline Mask object is splines. You have extrusion objects under there for some reason - I wonder if that's the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah deleting those extrusion objects worked thanks. I figured from the way it is displayed in the hierarchy that deleting these will remove the extrusion but clearly not if there is a parent extrusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hooray!

And yes, the spline mask is turning those two splines into one so that the main extrusion can work on them. The fact that it was even working in C4D at all is interesting. I would have expected it to not work.

And, if it works in one, it should work in the other... If you get a moment, please file a bug report so that the folks at Adobe can see this issue too. Differences between C4D Lite and AE like this would be considered a bug in my opinion. Please make sure to let them know you can share an example problem file (assuming you kept a version with the problem in it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines