• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save a document after signing it in Adobe Acrobat Standard XI.

Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who is unable to save .PDF files that he is opening in Outlook via an embedded link in the email.

When he clicks on the link, Acrobat opens the document without issue. However, when he applies his signature and goes to save it over the existing document on our internal network file server, he gets the following message: "The document could be saved. The disk you were saving to or the disk used for temporary files is full. Free some space on this disk and try again, or save to a different disk."

The network drive has a significant amount of space available, several hundred gigs.

He can save the file to a different location.  If I have him browse directly to the file in Windows Explorer however, he can open sign the document and overwrite the existing copy.  I've changed protected view settings as suggested but still doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

Acrobat XI Standard 11.0.16

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi marcusw2245053,

Firstly, try to install the pending updates. To check for pending updates, launch Acrobat>Help>Check for updates.

Restart the machine and try again. 

Once you open a from Outlook try saving the file first and then try to save to internal Shared drive. Let us know if that helps any.

*Turning the protected view mode off is not recommended.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines