• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG colour changes when vector icon is placed over it

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a jpg linked into my InDesign file, but when I place a vector object (the red star) over it, the jpg's colour changes and becomes duller. Why?no star.jpgstar.jpg

There are no effects on the star, and changing the opacity of its stroke or fill doesnt change anything. I've also tried placing the star behind the jpg, and also moving it to a blank area of the page, but it seems like my jpg's colour get dulled by the mere presence of the star on the same page. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

but when I place a vector object (the red star) over it, the jpg's colour changes and becomes duller. Why?

The vector object has some kind of transparency applied. You can set your Transparency Blend Space to RGB if you want to keep the JPEG's RGB colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please make sure you have the same document color profile selected in both Illustrator and InDesign (CMYK or RGB) so that there's no conversion happening. Also check if there's any transparency applied, which could be causing this change in color.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when I place a vector object (the red star) over it, the jpg's colour changes and becomes duller. Why?

The vector object has some kind of transparency applied. You can set your Transparency Blend Space to RGB if you want to keep the JPEG's RGB colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your responses! Everything is the way it should be now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines