• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering is verry slow in AE CC

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dead Sir/Madam, I bought a new system for use with After Effects.

Everything works great except for the rendering in After Effects. The rendering is going verry slow and a file of 130MB in size is taking so long that you can see that the FPS is 77 in red digits. The length of the video is i guese 20/30 seconds and takes more dan 4.5 hours.

The specs of the system are:

Processor: Intel i7 7700 3.6GHz 8MB

RAM: 32GB 2133MHz DDR4

Hard disk space: 480GB SSD 550MB Read 520MB Write / 2TB Sata III 7200 RPM

Graphics card: Nvidea 750GTI 2GB ddr5 Display: 4096 x 2304 Pixels

Windows 7 Pro

Is there something wrong with the settings?

Thanks for your reply and afferd!

With kind regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using AE CC 2015 or above? If so, a slow render is quite normal. This is because AE doesn't have multi-processing rendering function since CC 2015. It cannot fully utilize your CPU power while rendering.

If you really want to render very fast, my advice to you is that save a copy of your project as 13.0. Then open it in CC 2014, turn on multi-processing. You will find it renders very fast.

Cheers

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Aaron,

Where can i find CC2014. I work now with CC2017. Is it still available on the website?

Cheers Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simple. You can find it in your Creative Could Desktop App. It's still available.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be other things we could do to speed things up in the current version.

For example, is your composition set to use ray-traced renderering? If so, switch that to the classic renderer and things should speed up tremendously.

What is in your composition? This makes a big difference too. Knowing what you have in your comp will help us make better suggestions.

If you really want to use the older version, you can get it through the CC app. Details here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this but it has no effect. My project has no speed up rendering. I still don't understand Adobe that they delete multi processing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi Processing only worked with a few effects, it was very finicky and never really that efficient unless you were using a specific workflow. Visual effects, no matter what software you are using, is very slow to render. So is 3D work in a 3D program.

The render time depends more on what you are doing in your composition, the frame rate and frame size of your composition, and the format you have chosen in your render settings. It takes more time to render to a compressed format than an uncompressed format. Your render times may be completely normal for your project and your system. Since we have no workflow details, composition details, system settings, or render details it's impossible to tell you if your settings are fouled up. 30 seconds at 30 frames per second is 900 frames. 4.5 hours is 16,200 seconds. That means your render is taking 18 seconds a frame. Much of my visual effects and compositing work takes well over a minute a frame so your render times may be perfectly normal.

Give us project, workflow, render details and a description of the shot and we can more accurately tell you if something is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working now with CC 2017 and have a 3d project with elements 3d V2. The project is 15 seconds long. The templete is Drone Reveal of Videohive. It's still very slow to make changes in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still very slow to make changes in the project.

Making changes or editing the project should be done with the Comp Panel resolution set to Auto and the Magnification factor set to 50% or even 25%. When you have made your changes you can change the magnification factor to 100% and check a frame or two. That will speed up the process considerably.

As for rendering, Elements 3D will take a while to render even if your system is optimized. Element 3D would not take advantage of MP rendering. In fact MP rendering was not really Multi Processor rendering anyway, it was "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" and there's a huge difference.

Doning a similar animation in a dedicated 3D app line C4D or Blender would also probably take 20 to 40 seconds a frame to render because 3D is complicated, especially when you start adding lights and reflections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to set up the renderer to Classic? Just for any case do not use the Ray-Traced rendering It should works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Fred,

Did you ever get your project rendered? Did the advice here help your workflow with this comp at all? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines