• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split Page in Half

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scenario:  I've taken on some work from a past designer who has set up his design in long pages rather than facing pages to make up the spreads.  I'd like to know if there is a way to split the large pages in half and correct this setup issue within the existing document without altering the content rather than just remaking it. There are too many files I've been handed like this to make going back and re creating them one at a time efficient.

For visual reference...

the document is supposed to look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 1.17.54 PM.png

but instead it's been set up like this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 1.18.41 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

You could try to change the document set up to facing pages with the page layout half the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to change the document set up to facing pages with the page layout half the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Seems like the only solution and works pretty well.  Shifts the content around and requires some fine adjustments but I think this is the only way.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious about your first image with starting page 1 on the left and no brackets. How did you do that?

Here's how to do it if you don't allow pages to shuffle, but your image has no brackets:

http://blogs.adobe.com/indesigndocs/2009/09/starting_a_document_with_a_two.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the two pages and click onto the pages sub menu.  The option you're looking for is "allow selected spreads to shuffle".

Thank you for that resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but then you should see brackets [1-2] around your pages, and I didn't see them. That's why I wondered how you did it without the brackets?

The more common solutions are to have a blank page 1 or to use page numbering to start on page 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines