• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not importing from camera

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am trying to import my images from my camera straight to LR like I have done a million times (most recent being 3 days ago). Today when I try to import, it lets me select my import device, however at the bottom right it says 0 photos/0 bytes along with a spinning wheel. I thought maybe it was just taking awhile to read but I have given it multiple attempts of 30 and 60 minutes with no avail. I was originally trying to import from my Canon 6D, but when that wasn't working, I tried using my Canon t3i, which also did not work. I tried switching out the usb cable that connects to my camera and that also made no difference. It seems like I can import them straight to my computer, so it doesn't seem like its the camera/memory card/cable at fault, but I would not prefer to use this method as it is very inefficient. I would like to be able to import my clients images straight to LR like I always have done in the past. Has this happened to anyone before or do you have any  advice on what I can do to fix the problem?? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom are you using?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and LR 2015.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using an external card reader? They are reportedly faster and in many cases more reliable. And they don't drain the camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not. I definitely would like to purchase one in the future. I guess I'm just unsure why this has stopped working.... I never have had a single issue with importing from my camera (or at all) until today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could help you. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a similar thread active today....here's the post that I made there:

Re: Canon 5D MK iV Lightroom CC Importing RAW Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. I guess its just frustrating because I have been successfully importing images straight from my camera into LR 3-5x a week for the past 2 years without even as much as a hiccup. Obviously if I have to invest in a card reader to get it to work in the future I guess that's just what I have to do... But I just wasn't sure why it has stopped working out of the blue, and wanted to make sure that if I go ahead and purchase a card reader that I wont come back home and plug it in to find the same problem. You know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know what you mean. I realize that I am the other Jim in this discussion. But I have been using Lightroom since version 2 and have never connected a camera to the computer, always used a card reader. In all that time I have never had difficulty importing images. And although I probably should invest in a card reader as advanced as the one recommended, mine isn't nearly that expensive. The one I'm using is much smaller, much simpler, and only cost about $10. But then, I guess I'm walking the tightrope, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't explain why it's suddenly stopped working (maybe the cable's going bad, maybe it's the recent update to 6.10.1), but if you can confirm that if you copy the files from camera to hard drive outside LR, and then successfully import them into LR from that hard drive location, then I'd say you should have no problems if you switch to using a card reader.....any decent card reader should suffice, it doesn't have to be that Lexar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines