• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving objects with their animations

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequently I need to move tweened motion objects on my stage, so that the entire object with its motions are simply moved to a different position.  Whenever I select and drag objects, it always drags a pink path behind and interferes with the object's intended motions so the old position becomes a part of the motion of the object. How can I move objects around the stage without creating a pink motion path from the past position to the new position?

(BTW one thing I tried was to click-drag select that object with its whole motion, on the timeline itself. But when I do this, the object disappears because the act of selecting the frames has scrubbed the timeline to a position where that object is no longer in the scene. So, then the object is no longer visible on the stage and I cannot move it to its new position)

Thanks!
Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another useful technique is to copy/paste your timeline frames into a symbol and then drag an instance of the symbol to the stage on a new layer. Then this symbol instance containing your animation(s) can easily be scaled/moved. It's a technique called "nesting":.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both. These are excellent answers. This is the first time I've been really able to use "edit multiple frames" and onion skinning together in a useful way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines