Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Fill plug-in missing

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Still somewhat new to after effects - and when I download templates off the internet I get an error message saying I'm missing the "Fill" plug-in. I've done some research and one place I looked said it is a default plug-in and I'm also finding it come up on Google as RE: Fill which is like $100.

Do I need to pay for the plug-in or is it a default and not showing up for me for some reason? If so, are there any fixes to this?

Thanks in advance for any answers and helping me past this confusion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fill effect is a stock AE effect. Though it's been relegated to the deprecated effects, it should show up. The rest we can't really know. You have not provided an exact error message, no system info nor any details about the templates. Paraphrasing and spouting generics is not useful when exact info would be required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time in the thread - didn't know what was needed to help..

Gyazo - 3831b138f4bd5a392380c5ae96a196eb.png  This is the error message.

I'm using CC 2015

Gyazo - aab2f04ba27e40912d0de69dc1abf2c0.png This is my system info.

Templates are for YouTube intros purchased on Videohive, I've used about 5 different ones all with the error.

Need anymore info, please let me know, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check it out : Effects > Generate > Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see here  - Gyazo - 048051c7924401a0ea006d0b9833a166.gif I have no fill? Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd.

If you navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\

do you find: Fill.aex

?

Maybe trash your prefs :

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift while the application is starting.
  • A dialog box launches asking you if you want to delete your preferences file. ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something went awry during install. Uninstalling and reinstalling might fix it if nothing else that's been suggested so far does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not showing up in my effects folder either.

Is there a way you could email me the plug-in or share it through the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's missing, there could be some other core components that are missing. Your install is borked. Uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DesignBySkill,

Did you ever solve this issue? Did an uninstall/reinstall assist you? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If the missing plug-in is RE:Fill, you can download the plug-in below. It works as a demo mode. You do not pay for it as long as you use it as a trial.

http://revisionfx.com/products/refill/after-effects/

I would recommend you check the exact version of After Effects which created the template and compare the plug-in list of the version.

http://revisionfx.com/products/refill/after-effects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines