• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop suddenly making PDFs with image convertor

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in April I did some test files to create ebook PDFs from larger print-ready PDFs. Without going into detail, I got the best results by importing the PDFs into Photoshop, downsizing there, saving to PSD, then converting the PSD back into a PDF. The PDFs were then combined into a binder and optimized. When one looks at both the individual PDFs and the final result's properties, it says “PDF Producer: Adobe Photoshop for Windows.”

Fast forward a few months, and suddenly the same workflow results in an obviously degraded image. The PDFs' properties say “PDF Producer: Adobe Photoshop for Windows – Image Conversion Plugin.”

I have not updated my Photoshop. I am not on the cloud. I am still using CS5.5. I cannot for the life of me figure out what has happened. The only possible clue was an update a few weeks ago to Acrobat Reader, but not Acrobat Pro.

I am also suddenly having problems with transparency when trying to optimize, which I did not have before.

Windows has updated over this period, but there is nothing I can see that would account for this change in Photoshop.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?