• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editable PDF which can Show/Hide certain portions of text, and the text below "Jump up" if the text is hidden

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm wondering whether I could get some advice on where to start with this. I need to create some editable contract templates for the business I work at to use. These are commercial contracts where only some parts of the contract will be relevant, so the users will need to show/hide certain parts of the text to suit the client the contract is being used for.

Only certain parts of the contract will need to be shown/hidden, there will be other portions of text which will need to "Adapt" around whether the text is hidden or shown

I'm not sure whether this can be done, but if possible I'd like the templates to:

1. Have text which can be shown/hidden
  2. Have the text below these fields either "Jump Up" if there is a gap if the text is hidden, or "Jump Down" if the text is shown.

Is this something that can be done?

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

James

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just done a bit of research, would Live Cycle be the right software to use to achieve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use LiveCycle Designer for this.

In Adobe Acrobat you can show/hide pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to do it in Acrobat you need to either use layers with the text in different positions, which you show/hide based on the selection, or you will need to place all the text inside a (read-only) text field and move it up or down based on the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like it will be a more ideal solution for my workplace. Do I need to start with a blank PDF and then add the text fields on? I have never worked with layers before, so I'll do some research on how to use them

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines