Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom in an provisioned XenApp environment

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to install Adobe Lightroom on our Xenapp Terminal Servers, but have a problem accessing the program, because the User has to create a cataloge on an local Disk.

But the user isn't allowed to put files on the local Disk of the Server and their Desktop/Downloads/Documents are redirected to their Home-Share. And now I am unable to put these catalog file to the only available place, because Lightroom says it is not possible to put it on an UNC Path.

And now my question.

Is it possible to install and run Adobe Lightroom on an Terminalserver while the cataloge file is in an redirected user profile path, or directly in their Home-Share?

I hope you can help me

Thx & BR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Then Lightroom isn't the program for you. LR needs to be installed on the local computer along with the LR Catalog file. the actual images files can be stored on a server, networked disk, but even then the User needs Read & Write permissions on that server folder location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then Lightroom isn't the program for you. LR needs to be installed on the local computer along with the LR Catalog file. the actual images files can be stored on a server, networked disk, but even then the User needs Read & Write permissions on that server folder location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines