Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Error

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render a segment of my project but I get the following error:

"current work area settings will cause the proxy to be out of sync with the original"

Someone else has had the same problem.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using proxies? What are your work area settings?

What, exact, version of AE are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jessica Gomez,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had this same problem, but think I solved it more or less.

I started using proxies for the first time today. I have a large project with many pre-compositions. I started turning each pre-composition into a proxy. I chose a pre-comp in the time line window, right clicked it>reveal layer source in project. Next, in the projects panel I right-clicked that original source file > create proxy > movie. The output/export setting seemed fine (Quality : Draft, Resolution: Half, Channels: RGB+Alpha, Quicktime animation, and so on). It worked for the first few proxies, but then I started getting an error:

"Current work area setting will cause the proxy to be out of synch with the original. To avoid this, set the work area start to the first frame of the comp."

If I clicked ok, it tried to create a proxy, but it seemed like the proxy didn't contain anything, or at least the timing was screwed up and it displayed the wrong part of my pre-compostion.

At first I turned off the sound in the export settings, and that worked once. Then I started getting the same error message again. I played around with the render settings until I switched "Time span" to "Length of comp" instead of "work area only". Can't say I fully understand why, but that seemed to fix my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Setting it to "Length of comp" helped, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem recently but not with proxies. I was just trying to render a section of my film. The thing I found that worked was in the Output module of the render queue and changed the post render action. I dont know if this will work at all for a proxy as one of those options is set as proxy. Just thought i'd comment just in case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are rendering, the  time adjustment tab in the timeline has to be clipped to where the video clip ends. … Let me know if you need me to explain that differently. Im a horrible teacher lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFTER EFFECS IS BEING SO ANNOYING FOR ME ONLY LIKE THIS PROBLEM WONT GO AWAY IDK WHAT TO DOOOO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines