• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What file format can acrobat use to import 3d files?

Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a CAD guy who uses Inventor 2016. He will be opening Solidworks files in order to export them out for in a format that will work when imported into a PDF. What format should he export them out as?  know of U3D, but I don't know what other file formats will work to import 3D files into a PDF.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DocumentGeek,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Let me know if this helps: Adding 3D models to PDFs (Acrobat Pro DC)

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq Dar,

since you are listed as Adobe Staff, can I ask you another questioned about PDF files.

Clell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file with a solidworks 2017  3D view on one of the pages. The file opens up fast on my computer but on other computers is takes a few seconds that seem like a long time to load the view. Is there any features or tools to improve the PDF file and possibly it's file size so that others can open the PDF file and the sheet with the 3D image will load quickly.

Clell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clell,

For the performance issue, Launch Acrobat, Edit>Preferences, try to play with the setting under "Page Display" and "3D & Multimedia" preferences. And let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK First time using a forum, I'm using Solidworks 2017 and Adobe CC cloud PDF which is Adobe DC. I save my 3D views i need for my sheets to individual 3D pdfs from the solidworks models. I use the Adobe DC acrobate to combine all my 3D pdf pages and my layout pages together. Then what i do is use the MEDIA feature. I can then select the 3D view on a sheet and copy it into my sheet with notes and size it. So i have instruction documentation with notes and smaller 3D views through out my documentations. You do have to design you sheet layouts to accommodate your 3D views. hopefully I have conveyed this information so you can accomplish what you need done. I love Adobe!

Clell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the MEDIA feature you mentioned here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines