• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I combine several FLA files together?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I am fairly new to animate and I am trying to create an instructional app with several separate interactive fla files.

When I try to put them together as separate scenes in one movie, because of the length of each scene it freezes at the 7th scene.

Looking into this problem I think I have reached the capacity for animate? 16000 frames / symbol instances etc.

Is there a way of getting around this?

Would I be able to put the files together in Flash Builder for example? (although looking at flash builder it seems very complicated, and code is not my strong point!)

Thanks for any comments or help, as I am finding this problem extremely frustrating!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

To expand on what ClayUUID said, each movieclip can have 16000 frames, so if you had each of your sub-FLAs in its own movieclip, taking only one frame of the main timeline each, your navigation page would go to that movieclip in much the same way you were planning on going to a different scene.

All of the code at the main timeline of  each FLA would be moved to the timeline of its movieclip in the combined FLA. If you're using external AS3 classes, you would take the document class of one FLA, an

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use scenes. Use movieclips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on what ClayUUID said, each movieclip can have 16000 frames, so if you had each of your sub-FLAs in its own movieclip, taking only one frame of the main timeline each, your navigation page would go to that movieclip in much the same way you were planning on going to a different scene.

All of the code at the main timeline of  each FLA would be moved to the timeline of its movieclip in the combined FLA. If you're using external AS3 classes, you would take the document class of one FLA, and in the library of the combined FLA you would set the base class of the movieclip for the dedicated movieclip you have made to that same external AS file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

That works great!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and explaining it enough for this newbie to understand.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines