• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save my sketch alone without the original photo I'm using?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to sketch and drawing apps. I'm using Adobe Photoshop Sketch for my archival work (I'm an historian). I have been taking photographs and transcribing the words with sketch. How do I save only the sketch layer - that is, the layer of MY text that is overlaid on the image? I have figured out how to save the two together to Dropbox, but I also need the transcription alone.

Second Q: As I was playing around with it, I accidentally deleted my "background" layer, which erased the sketch layer in its entirety. I lost all the work on that project. Is it at all possible to retrieve it?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Hi EJH.

To save your work with just one or two visible layers, in an open drawing, double-tap the layers you want to hide (when they're hidden you'll see an eye icon with a slash through it). When you save that, any hidden layers will not be part of the image.

You can bring back a deleted Background Layer by tapping the Undo icon in the upper nav (that will recover your last 50 actions).

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi EJH.

To save your work with just one or two visible layers, in an open drawing, double-tap the layers you want to hide (when they're hidden you'll see an eye icon with a slash through it). When you save that, any hidden layers will not be part of the image.

You can bring back a deleted Background Layer by tapping the Undo icon in the upper nav (that will recover your last 50 actions).

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines